Combines WHERES THE BIG NEW MASSEY ClASS EIGHTIJ

AGCOfan

It will be out in august. Guess we will have to wait. I can't wait. AGCOfan(Nathan Korpan)

TURBO

Is Gleaner changing their combine line alsoIJ Or will they all be the same. I imagine Agco will sometime go to a one platform design being combine sales keep falling. I do not think there is enough market for Agco to produce two distintly different combines.

SilverTurnedGreen

Actually, Gleaner builts 3 distinct combines if you include the C62 conventional. I doubt whether AGCO would ever discontue the R-series rotaries, simply because they already have the tooling in place to build them, plus the R-series is still their predominant combine line!

bfarm

the nearest agco dealer to me ,central alberta - north east, says the new massey will be out this fall after harvest. This will allow them to fine tune the machine before full production starts.As for a new bigger gleaner he said we know just as much as him -nothing

Russ

Just looked at an 8790 in Oklahoma being used on custom harvest. It was easy to tell that it was a pre-production machine as most of the components were from an older 8780 (small rotor hydrostat, 8.3 engine etc). Nice work done on the grain tank and tank extensions and other sheet metal. Still having problems with alignment on belt tensioner pulleys, etc. Some modifications to the cab and controls. I did not like the hydrostat handle at all. They moved the machine monitor system to the overhead console from the side console. clean grain elevator and unloading auger were not any larger than 8780 for this machine. Had the Gleaner style turbine fan in it but no accelerator rolls. Rotor was the MF 8590 size and the sieves appeared to be also. The basic frame size was the same as the 8780 except wider (smaller than the MF 8590) Did not have a camera to take any pictures.

Coors_light

Was the machine I noticed running with a pair of 8780 in northern OKIJ I thought I saw a Massey with unusual grain tank extensions on it.

Rooster

The 'ol girl looked to have had some potential. Could've been a contender! But, it got eaten by a big CAT (lexion),no mud intended!