Combines White 4 175

brent_56

The White 4-175 was manufactured 1979 - 1983 and cost $54,000 in (1983). As far as the horsepower it is as follows Drawbar: 133 PTO:151.69. The engine was an 8 cylinder diesel manufactured by caterpillar and had 636 cubic inches. The transmission was an 18 speed foreward and 6 reverse speeds. I would be very cautious of this tractor because of the engine because the 8 cylinder engine was not the most successful and not very durable. Good luck

Silver_Shoes

Wouldnt touch that thing, cause it will give you a bad taste in your mouth about WFE, and its not a good machine to start out with in my opinion. I would find an older allis 4wd (7580-8550) or else just spend the extra money for a good front wheel assist. It will probably save ya money in the long run, the older white 4wd,s werent the most reliable machines around, later ones were real good machines My 2 cents

GreaTOne_65

I would like to repond to your post on the 4-175 White. I'm afraid I will have to diagree with the others who responded to you question. 1. The 4-175 we owned was an excellent tractor. It was quiet comfortable, and did every thing we ask of it. We used it on a 12 row planter, we sidedressed NH3 with it, we used it on a 12 row crop cutivator, and pulled a 11 shank chisel plow with it. As you can see we did not try to pull it's guts out on 30' equipment, or ask it to pull implements which neede 300 hp, we had a traactor for that. 2.When we traded it off it had somewhere between 3,000 and 4,000 hrs. the problems we had with it during that time was the hydraulic pump, and the air conditioner. 3. We also owned a 7580 Allis, and I can tell you with out a doubt that is the most worthless piece of junk Allis ever built, run, don't walk away from one of them. 4.Don't let these guys scare you about the CAT 3208, I have owned 5 of those motors, and quantray to popular belief they are not throw away engines. They have more torque off an idle than any thing in it's class, with an inline 6. DCW SCMI.

Silver_Shoes

Not saying the whites 4wd are bad, just have known a couple that were in our area, and they were yes pulling the guts out of them. They didnt have engine problems just powershift problems. We also had a 7580 and never had much of any problems with it except the drivelines, then we finally woke up and installed the driveline kit and it was problem free.

brent_56

I have no doubt that it did the job but there shure are not many tractors with 8 cylinders and i think that is because they do not stand up well as a tractor motor. I think that it is a good engine but more properly in a semi tractor.

GreaTOne_65

I hate to disagree with you again, but the V-8 did better in the tractor, because the engine was not covered, it stayed cooler hangin' out in the wind, so to speak!lOl We owned a 7580, and am glad you liked it, but if you had driven a 4-180 White first, you would have hated the 7580.

JP

I currently own 3 3208's engines. 1 in a Ford l8000 tandem truck, 1 in a Cat 613 pan, and 1 in a Cat 225 trackhoe. All three of these machines i have owned for over 10 years. These are good engines. All 3 have held up very well since i've owned them. I had a guy run the water out of the one in the pan and it turnded the paint on the heads pink, and the oil smelled like toasted oil. I changed the oil and filters and has still been running strong ever since. Parts from clevite for them are relatively cheap compared to the big block diesels. No they don't have the torque that the big block 6's have, but they have given me nothing but good service.

mickyd

i personally have never owned a 3208, but my brother in law had a Oliver tractor with a 3208 that was replaced with a 3160 (both v -8 cat motors) and neither one lasted a full season. the cat dealer told him they were fine in combines and applications where they were not pinned to the ground, but a tractor that was weighted down to put the 210 rated hp to the ground, it just would not hold together. a lot of the terragator type sprayers around here had new bearings in on a two to three year cycle to prevent twisting the crank or throwing a rod. just my two cents worth from central Ill. James

Farmer_Ed

We own 2 White 4-210's and 1 White 4-150. I cannot say enough good about these tractors. Common maintainence will keep these tractors going and going. I have never had any major trouble with these tractors. Of all of the JD's, IH's, AC's, MF's, etc., the Whites and our Fords have been the best. The 3208 is a good engine in my book. Just check the electrolysis (multimeter in 2DC volts shouldn't read over .5V). I'll knock on wood but our 4-150 has 5,480 hours on it and the 4-210's have 4800 and 5200 hours respectively. Dam* good tractors. Our 2-85 with the 354 Perkins has almost 7,000 hours and it's still all original! You won't go wrong. Any questions in detail, just e-mail me.

Aust white

Aust white

The White 4-175 was manufactured 1979 - 1983 and cost $54,000 in (1983). As far as the horsepower it is as follows Drawbar: 133 PTO:151.69. The engine was an 8 cylinder diesel manufactured by caterpillar and had 636 cubic inches. The transmission was an 18 speed foreward and 6 reverse speeds. I would be very cautious of this tractor because of the engine because the 8 cylinder engine was not the most successful and not very durable. Good luck
We own 2 White 4-210's and 1 White 4-150. I cannot say enough good about these tractors. Common maintainence will keep these tractors going and going. I have never had any major trouble with these tractors. Of all of the JD's, IH's, AC's, MF's, etc., the Whites and our Fords have been the best. The 3208 is a good engine in my book. Just check the electrolysis (multimeter in 2DC volts shouldn't read over .5V). I'll knock on wood but our 4-150 has 5,480 hours on it and the 4-210's have 4800 and 5200 hours respectively. Dam* good tractors. Our 2-85 with the 354 Perkins has almost 7,000 hours and it's still all original! You won't go wrong. Any questions in detail, just e-mail me.
Can anyone help me I have a 4wd tractor in on a farm we bought the model nos are gone the serial number is 262_211_403 the top number on the plate is 126_82132 it has a over direct and Under lever on the dash and a gear stick through the floor between your feet don't know if it's a 175 150 or an early 210 seems to to pull as good as it old to stieger wild cat