Combines wobble box

rf

I have one on an old header that I rebuilt and never used. I would give the header to you if you want to come get it. It is off of the 750 760 series machines 20 ft with 6 hesston row crop units

kidroff

THat's sounds pretty good but where do you liveIJ I am clear up here in the Nebraska Panhandle. Thanks, Jared

rf

I knew you would ask.... I live in North Texas just outside Dallas.. May be you need a vaction during the winterIJIJIJ I also have a left hand final drive from a 550_510 as well your welcome to all of it for the taking.

kidroff

Hi, I will probably come down and get sometime this spring after we get done calving. My Uncle lives in Putnam OK and I might get him to haul it up here. If I can get your e-mail we can work out the details. Thanks Jared Roffers

rf

did you get my contact infoIJ if not my email is rfoster@arcmail.com

silver_aussie

Rebuild it!!! We seem to only get about 1.5 seasons (700 eng. hours ) before it flys loose with an expensive crankshaft needed. ($1200 au) Bearings are pretty cheap and no downtime incurred. Hope this helps, silver aussie.

tbran

If the play is because of the bottom shaft you can replace the bottom bearing. IH and MF used the HC old style wobble box as well. Many of the cast pulleys - only way to get most of them off is with a 1" impact - even had IH cast in them. Just FYI in your search. Also a cat 2 to one bushing 3_4" id 1" od will fix a slotted knife head hole if it is drilled to the 1" size. Can be done on the machine.

John

Thanks for the info. I believe the problem is more in the crank mechanism, but I will look at the bottom bearing. Glad to know about the bushing.

Ed_Boysun

John, I know the later boxes had a HD 6 bolt flangette for the bearings on the wobble boxes. If you are rebuilding, you might check to see if the heavy flanges are available for your model.