Worst thing about pandemic

OhSusanna

OhSusanna

Golden Chicken
We all know that people dying is the worst thing about the pandemic. Those who are getting sick, recover, but then face the lifelong consequences of the disease would be a close second. I'm not belittling those very serious things! But other than those two things, what is the worst thing about the pandemic to you. I think it's the lack of child care. I'm scrambling to help babysit while I run my business because daycare is closed here.

Almost Eden

Almost Eden

Bean Stalker
Distance learning is my biggest problem. My son is going to grow up illiterate at this rate. My husband and I are horrible teachers/tutors, though we keep plugging along. The teachers that he has are horrible at teaching online and keeping the students engaged, but they're excellent teachers in the classroom. It's just hard for some of us to adapt to distance learning - teachers, students, and parents.

Camoo4

Camoo4

Farm Hand
The social connection is probably my biggest issue (besides sickness and dying). I miss seeing people. I see my coworkers but not my friends. I miss them horribly. I miss doing things, I miss just having coffee with friends. I miss seeing my grandparents because I am staying away to not get them sick!

Desi

Desi

Golden Chicken
Daycare centers around here are still open. My kids don't go to daycare though, they stay home. The virtual learning is a struggle but it's a fun struggle here. I would agree that my biggest problem is missing people and events. I know it will get better so I am trying to make the best of it.

Petal to the Metal

Petal to the Metal

Golden Chicken
The constant fear is mine. Fear that my elderly parents will catch it, fear that my children will catch it, fear that my friends will catch it - just never ending fear. It's suffocating at times.