Would you take pay cut?

• Thread starter Urban Homestead
  • Start date
Urban Homestead

Urban Homestead

Bean Stalker
In another thread on this board, many folks said they worked another job in addition to farming. So my question is, would you be willing to take a pay cut if it meant you could keep your job during the coronavirus pandemic? If so, what percentage of pay would you tolerate being cut out? My daughter called me last night and her employer wants her to take a 25% pay cut, which sounds unreasonable to me. She'd still be doing the same work, for the same hours, but would make 25% less. It's legal because it would still be over the minimum wage. Have you ever been in a similar situation?

The Big Cowhuna

The Big Cowhuna

Golden Chicken
It's been a while since I worked for someone else, but I can't imagine agreeing to a pay cut unless I was going from full-time work to part-time work, or I was moving into an easier job. I know we're experiencing uncertain times, but who is to say that the boss will raise the pay back once things even out?

Wildlife

Wildlife

Bean Stalker
I am retire...I would consider pay cut if owner/company still offer insurance agree to put wage back when circumstances got better.

Toymaker

Farm Hand
Would my employer be so understanding if I left without notice for a 10% increase in pay?

Cant answer the question without answering this first to me.

Everyones job is different, but this cuts both ways...if you want me to take a cut to help you out...how would you react if I walked for more money when times are good? If you consider it "unprofessional" - you know exactly how I'd feel being asked to take a cut due to your being unprepared.