Combines WTB Used 30 Flex for C62 8680

Illinois_Gleaner

STG, I think that all 800 series flex heads have the same throat on them. My 825 can be put on the rotor or the conventinal. Illinois Gleaner

SilverTurnedGreen

That's good to know; - my local AGCO dealer told me otherwise but I tend to agree with you. The problem is, good used 20' and 25' flexes often get traded for 30's and 36's, but 30' flexes seldom get traded until they're "well-used". I do have a line on a good used 25', which i might opt for if I don't find anything else.

Illinois_Gleaner

STG, I looked at a 30'800 flex today at the dealers. They had one they were working on. To me you would have to take the fillers out,and move your wedges that direct the throat in and they will work. A mechanic at the dealer thought that the 500 wouldnt work but that the 800 would. IG

SilverTurnedGreen

I haven't had the opportunity to take a close look at an 800 series, and I think my dealer is probably confused with the differences between the 500 and 800 series. What makes this issue more confusing is that AGCO denotes a difference between the rotary vs. conventional heads in thier catalog. Either way, it seems that I either have to find a good used 800 series or a 500 series built for a conventional. No luck so far, I might opt for the 25 footer! By the way, we logged 420 hours on our C62 this year, with a total cost of parts tallying less than $400 Canadian; - (about 12 bucks American)!

andy

I don't think that the 500 will go on a C62 becasue the C62 came out the same year as the 800 series head

T__langan

Il is correct as far as I know - the 800's can be mounted on both series. Our 815 can be widened out for the C62 and our 6-30 Hugger can be too. Perhaps they are listed separately in the catalog because you can get them set up either way right from the company. SilverTurnedGreenAndBackToSilverAgainJustNeedToGetRidOfMyDeere - how many hours do you have on your C62 nowIJ Tom langan

magnum_man

You all are missing something. The 800 headers will interchange but the fingers and the flighting are different. A rotary head is set off to the left side of feeder opening. The conventional head feeds up the center. A rotary head might work but it wiil feed everything up right side of feeder house.

SilverTurnedGreen

Hello Tom, I actually made "the deal" on a used (demonstrated) 25 footer, although it won't be enough width (in soybeans) to keep the 62 fed the way she likes to be fed! I have 1621 engine hours on the C62 and this machine has been a dream to own and operate so far. The first year presented some problems with excessive walker loss in wheat and barley, but the revised concave, sunnybrook "mods" and walker risers helped to solve that problem. Side-by-side with the Deere, they are pretty-well equal but it passes the Deere on sidehills, and it trailed an STS9650 in barley by a mere 1 mph (comparable heads); - not bad considering the price difference between a C62 and STS. If the next two years are "promising" (wishful thinking) I might deal it on either an R65 or a 9690 Massey. My neighbor just bought a used R52 with the Duetz engine, and he's had good luck with it so far. Do you run the duetz in your machineIJ If so, has it been running good for you so farIJ His seems to burn alot of oil, yet it only has 2600 hours!

T__langan

Our 52 has the Cummins, and we've been quite pleased so far. We had the Deutz in our R50 prior to our current machine and we liked that too, but since we had the pump calibrated on the Cummins, it has way more power and torque than the Deutz had. However, the Deutz sure sounded nicer - a real screamer. Any reason for wanting to switch to a rotary after having good luck with your C62IJ Tom langan

SilverTurnedGreen

My amount of custom combining for dairy farmers (balable straw) has REAllY diminished over the past 4 or 5 years and, with 2 combines, switching crops isn't a big deal anymore. In fact, this past year I didn't combine as much as 400 acres of corn with the Deere, since it was set-up for beans; - the Gleaner did almost all the corn. I still like the concept of the Gleaner rotary, and the technology has evolved alot since my N6, plus we now have an EXCEllENT Agco dealer in our area.