Combines afs

DG

Case gps is the Trimble 132. It can be purchased directly from Trimble. Cost will probably be about the same. Any gps unit will work if you can get the correct cable to connect to the yield monitor. Case dgps subscription is $500 US per year -- other sources charge $800. Hope this helps.

larry

Wow! That seems rather extreme. 2 years ago I bought a Case IH (trimble)universal receiver for $3300.00 at dealer cost. Resale was about $4400.00 @ the time and differential subscription here was $500.00 per year. (Kansas, USA)

west_illini

This is the second year with my AFS that came in my 1680. I was intimidated at first too. First make sure you have all the hardware you will need for monitoring and downloading the info. Then read the book a little everyday, let it soak in. Use your first year playing with it to understand it, like I did. I ended up getting really aggressive, calibrating every once in while to get the hang of it and to make maps. IT does take practice to understand it. Once you start seeing some results and info, you will understand how you got from point A to point B. I know some can jump in run right away some need to let it "soak in the brain" Good luck I am anxious to run again this year to see all the variability in the fields

scooter

I have Agleader monitor, which I am sure uses the same calibration method as the AFS. Be sure to understand at different flow rates ( minimum 4 load and better 6-8 at different field speeds os similar grain (2.5 MPH, 3,3.5, 4.0 etc.) and then repeat a few to see how close. Speeds should be above and below what you normally harvest. Also, be sure the vibration calibration is set properly for each crop- simple takes about 2 minutes total. The SMS software from Al is simple to learn. I use Mapshots easisuite. Both have websites.

scooter

PS Make sure your card and card reader will work. Read a card after rthe first day of combining.

bob

I like putting in all farms with all possible crops at the start that way you don't have to change the fields each year they are different crops, it'll work great if you give it the time to calibrate, and also save during the day so you don't loose everything

sft

It is an Instant Yield Map error, not Windows 98 and, one correction, it says "Invalid file version".

MX240

Had that same problem last year. The program had a glitch and wouldn't work on windows 2000. lastest version of yield map works fine. Good luck...

camaro92z

Yes, there are calibration numbers in the manual that you start with, then you can calibrate later for more precise info. I've used mine several years now and have not recalibrated because it is with-in 3% of my scale. It just depends how precise you wish to be. The yield maps show the high_low yield areas with-in the field as I need. Ted

Big_Al

Not sure if this is it but we have had that happen with our unit on occasion. If you have loaded your card at night and then started the next day with a previous load, it will show you harvesting and mapping but it will not show up when you load your card. We have had more than one field end up with part of a load not shown on the map, even though the unit shows everything working fine. We always start with a new load to avoid having that happen.