Combines Greenstar

sodak

We have had GreenStar for 3 years. yes they work... But they do not allways stayset. Calibration is OK, but a problem with the ZERO setting , it goes out ... a lot.. We have had both the manual and the auto ZERO and the origional worked best, within 1 percent . the current update stinks. there are some experimential update on of which we are trying that holds promise. All in all good money spent but the Ag leader_CIH are much easier to work with. PS- Greenstar _ Gateway support Stinks.. I have hade a lot of experience with them,but the tech support from JD has been very good. Summary; the pluses are worth the headaches especially if you have a good dealer. good luck

bm

Yes. Both look pretty darn good. What questions do you have about themIJ

scooter

I theory- you could do something like that, but I am alsmot sure the accuracy will be a diapooinment.

bm

I have one. How much are you willing to spendIJ I will ship it.

Noble1

I guess I am looking at spending 4-5 hundred. If that sounds resonable to you why don't you email me with some more details. Thanks Chris

Joe

I do not know if it is still available, but JD offered what they called DATA STORE for just your situation. I think it would record field, and average yeild and moisture for that feild. It used a data card you could take to your home computer and download.

lAW

I have a John Deere DATA STORE unit available for sale. I no longer use it since I went to full mapping 2 years ago. If interested contact me by E-mail.

trapper219

No, the greenstar will be less accurate. The Ag leader can be calibrated to different grain flows while the Greenstar can't. I guess as long as you run in the same yielding grain at the same combine speed all season long (ex. 200 bu corn at 5 mph) the greenstar will be OK. Some of my coworkers calibrate the monitor by using the grain tank full alarm. They'll run the combine until the alarm goes off, them weigh the grain in a weigh wagon. In the days and months to come they'll know to watch the monitor accuracy with the alarm and then adjust it accordingly. Also, some of the early units were affected by the combine lights; when the combine lights were turned on the voltage would drop and cause the flowsensor to read differently. If your combine has the starfire GPS, the Starfire is wired constantly hot; unplug it in the off season to keep the battery from running down and unplug it when the combine is being jumpstarted, or you'll be buying a new one. Also, the Greenstar cannot be back calibrated like the Ag leader; You have to calibrate it on the first day you harvest to get the entire seasons data accurate. I have never fooled with a greenstar personally, but I have pulled one out of a 9650 and replaced it with an Ag leader. The information I'm giving you is from my co workers and JD techs themselves. Since you already have one I'd give it a try. Good luck!

Ham

A small correction The Greenstar data CAN be "back calibrated" I'm not sure about within the Greenstar display itself, but after downloading into JD Office software it can. I cant make sensible comment on your other information.