Combines 8010 fire

J__D__Titan

I don't know about 8010's being any more fire-prone than other combines. I think it just gets noticed more when any model is so big or new or whatever. There probably are not as many 8010's by comparison to the regular Axial-Flows, either, but I think any fire is bad. losing any combine is bad, regardless of its age or status. I'm especially saddened when the loss is an older one, just because they will never be replaced and the population of combines like the 403, 95, 510 and so on, just get fewer and fewer by the year. Just my humble opinion.

likesmxbutdrives8420

hey msdelta was that the machine that was in clevelandIJIJ i was up that way lookin at a trailer and saw it. Where are u located and how is harvest goinIJIJ I'm located east of yazoo city in the hills and we just started today and have no trucks to haul, all are hauling ice to florida. thanx

msdelta

Yes, that is the machine. The owner says it is his last one too. He has never been happy with it. They brought him out a 2388 and he cut more beans in two days with it than he cut with the 8010 in a week. It was always small nit-picky stuff going bad. We farm west of Cleveland, in Pace and Beulah. We have been cutting for about a week, just running one combine, seems as though the beans are getting ready as we get to them with the one. Plus, the line at the elevator being so long, it takes all four of my trucks just to keep the one going. Seems as though we are cutting some good beans though. We should get done by Friday, and then it is on to the rice. Good luck.

J__D__Titan

Good grief, guys. Do you think it may have been deliberate arson to just get a replacement machineIJ I've seen plenty of that during the time I made the harvest run.

thud

Beans are coming off already around ClevelandIJIJ As in Cleveland OHIOIJIJIJ. Im just across lake Erie in Ontario ( the extreme south west of Ontario, just across the border from Detroit Mich.) and beans wont start here for at least another 6-7 weeks.

J__D__Titan

Sounds like you already set your brain on fire. You just made two very stupid and mean posts here. Just what makes you so sure it was Farmertony's 8010 that burnedIJ If you hate IH and this page so much....just stop reading it here and go on with your own nasty business. The rest of us happen to appreciate good combines.

Forever_Red

Thud, I know we do things differently here in the states than you folks do in Canada, like, would believe there are 25 cities in our country that have a city with the name ClevelandIJ This information is from the Rand-McNally road atlas. The harvest in progress is most likely in one of our southern states. Here in the corn and soybean area of the mid-west, barring an early frost, we are still 3-5 weeks away from starting to cut. Be safe.

Deadduck

The fire was near Cleveland, MS. You have to look at the original poster's name, MSDelta, as in Mississippi Delta.