Combines auction results

IHCfarmer

Deere copy's everyone else!! 1.IH 2+2 had the engine up front. 2.IH and AC had roters in there combines sometime in the late 70's. 3. IH cyclo air planter I think it was the first air planter. I know it was before deere had one. 4. IH 86 series had the cab forword in 76. 5. AC 8000's had big cab's and ground level refuelling and a sloping hood. 6. 190xt had all the controls in one place long before anyone else did. The only reason JD is n1 is because IH Would not make a good powershift transmisson untill it was to late. It just seem to me that anyone who farms with JD dosn't use anyother make and they just endup brain washed by the Deere salesman.

bm

Deere is only n1 because IH would not make a good powershiftIJ Don't think that's the ONlY reason! People, your arguements make little sense. Deere copies everyone elseIJ The 2+2IJ That was a brilliant ideaIJ Where has that concept goneIJ Even case thought that was a poor idea. I'll admit, the Cyclo was the first air planter, but it's a terrible planter and Deere's isn't even similar to it. I'll admit, Deere was last with "cab forward," but, like someone else said, they had a "nice" (albeit small) cab which no one else did. Yep, you're right about the AGCO engines not being up front. They're still back close to the cab so it's hard to see out. Oh, the "Funk type" transmission...they weren't the last (plus they had it in their 4WDs),CaseIH was. Anybody want to take a guess who owns FunkIJ That's right, a little company called John Deere. They don't put it in their tractors because it takes up way too much space, and most people like the fact that they have a narrow hood so they can see out the cab. About Deere's rotary. They've never said that the rotary concept isn't good. They just said that all the rotaries that were running just weren't any good. Big difference. Deere's been testing rotaries since 1954! Believe thatIJ That's right, they've had a prototype rotary in the field every year since 1954, but they didn't get one to work in EVERY condition like only the STS will do until they came out with the STS. In fact, the STS was dead until they came up with the tri-stream feeding area. People, let's face it, some people are proud Deere owners, and everybody else drives (frequently) a little of this, a little of that, and no Deere.

IHCfarmer

OK here is how I see it John Deere tractors may drive nice and maybe reliable but put soup them up and they fall apart. And you know why people collect old JD tractors it is because the no good for anything else. Around here I still see alot of Farmall M and H Tractors out in the fields working. Where did the 2+2 go look the the new magnum or JD. They advertise that it is equal weight front and rear just like IH did with the 2+2. The reason case didn't keep bilding them is they didn't buy the FARMAll Plant. The same reason the 50 seires went out of production. The cyclo air junk I don't think so Maybe know they have good compition from JD and others. You don't think the axial flow and gleaner roterys work what plant are you from they work better then any deere and I have a deere but it won't be to long and I will have a red or silver combine. You are just another brain washed JD fan.

Curt

I just want to say that I don't understand why everyone rips on Gleaner. I'm proud of what I own, and I'm going to defend it. I think people that buy only JD are selling themselves short there is a lot of good machinery out there and it's not all painted green and yellow beleive me. I haven't had the experience that some or most of you have, but to me the fact that JD borrows other companies ideas seems pretty obvious. Didn't they come out with a track design for their tractors a few years agoIJ I thought Cat did that about 5 or more years ago. It almost seems like they wait for someone to perfect something and then they slighly modify it and paint it green and all the sudden it sells ten times better than before. I just don't understand what is so great about paying more for green that does the exact same thing as red, and silver. Just my two cents Curt

Kelly

Yes, John Deere does own Funk but they would rather sell an inferior trans to their best customers and save the best tranny for every one else. John Deere claims to have all oil lines inside of the transmission to simplify things. Would you rather bleed internally or externallyIJ Replace an external trans line 5000 hours down the road or replace an internal oneIJ

Nels

I really have to dissagree with you guys on the vacume planter thing. Deere's vacume is the most acurate planter on the market, it like any other machine, has it's quirks, but hey what can you do about it. The white is suposed to be good, but the only other company competing with deere in planters is Kinze. Getting back to the combine resale value thing, one question I have for Tom or anybody in western WI is why aren't these decreased resale values seen hereIJ Deere combine prices are right inline with what they were 5 years ago. Tom I was going to ask you at @g.com, how many other people did you ask about their 4020's and the problems that you claim they all suffer fromIJ Just wonderin' I like mine, never had any of the troubles you have had, but it's a tough cold weather starter. Nelson

Ed_Boysun

I'm curious now, which Deere design and implement did Flexi-coil copyIJ

T__langan

Nelson - at the risk of putting Mr. Gorden into delete mode again, I'll offer you this. What I said about the 4020's has come from my own personal experience with several of them. When we custom cleaned pits for a few years starting back in '89, I had the chance to run about four different 4020's, including our own, as well as one 4520. At that time, many farms around here had 4020's as their large tractor and they were the ones that got pump duty. Each and every one of them would run hot on the pump. As I said on M_T, I believe it was because they could not run at rated speed, thus were not pulling enough air in to keep themselves cool. The reason I pick on them about it is because we never had the same trouble with any other make or model of tractors except the Deeres. We, at one time or another, ran our AC 180, an IH 666, IH 856, an old Case of some sort - all underpowered for that pump and all approx the same age as the 4020 and none of them would overheat. This is the reason I am 100% confident I could make any stock 4020 sweat bullets no matter how well it has been cared for. We are closing in real fast on pit cleaning time - you are close enough to drive your 4020 down here if you want to see for yourself. I'll send you an email with the name of a disinterested party that will back up my claim. The tempermental starting problem I hadn't noticed in the short times I ran the other 4020's. Ours would go weeks without trouble and all of a sudden (usually when we needed him most) he would act up and not want to start. I have mentioned this before on M_T and had three other guys state theirs did the same thing. leaking hyd. pumps are quite common on them also. Take care- Tom langan

venturis40

AMEN to that from my experience in north east SD most owners of green paint roll that machinery over before they get too many hours on them most green dealers around these parts have between 15 and 40 used combines with between 500 and 2500 hours any other colors and your hard pressed to find a machine with between 1000 and 3500 hours, and if you do its gone within a couple weeks also since we're ripping on big GREENs technology piracy look at their no-till opener it was designed by a canadian farmer, Deere spends a week measuring and calculating and looking over his design with the premise of buying the patent changes a couple small things and gives the guy the SHAFT, no vaseline or KY jelly at least IH bought the patent even though their opener looks nothing like it at least they have some people with ethics under their employ