Combines auction results

iowaR52

I think that farmers arnt spending any extra than they have to. On that same sale had a 1993 7140 CaseIH MFWD with 6200 hrs go for $24,000.

tobaboy

What's the head worth, you'd have a hard time giving an N6 away up here.

geekyfarmer

Where was the saleIJ They're not notorious for being Gleaner guys up there.

DAB

The sale was in Proctor Colorado. Not big Gleaner country by any means. The head was in ver;y good shape, but I can't imagine it carrying the combine that far. like I said, This thing was in really really good condition, but It was just filthy. I suppose there was a couple of neighbors that knew something that no one else did. Makes me feel a little better about owning mine.

justapurrin

Do you have any idea what the honeybee is worth brand newIJ I know what the combine is worth but im not sure bout the head!

justapurrin

Do you have any idea what the honeybee is worth brand newIJ I know what the combine is worth but im not sure bout the head!

wheaty

Were the 460s a pretty good deal or were they like the last one. I remember the last one that went through iron planet someone on here said it had had lots of problems. I was just wondering if anyone knew anything about these. Seemed like a good deal. Even though probaly the 480 was probaly the best deal.

tobaboy

I figured the 480 was worth atleast 130K without the head, what do you thinkIJ It had duals and cebis, which are probably 10-15K in options from new. We purchased a 36ft. honeybee in 2001, pretty sure it listed at about 55k (cdn$) back then. You can kind of get an idea of value by going on agdealer, there are several honeybee's listed there......anyways, by their numbers, I would guess the head to be worth 35-40K (cdn$),about 25-30K US$.

claasuk

Why on Iron Planet have the grain heads gone up in value from last year then IJ The cheaper of the 460's (which went to Manitoba, anyone putting their hand upIJ) seemed to be the best buy of the 2, I would have valued it higher than the 47K one, either way it's a lot of iron for your buck!

cap

That is exactly what I didn't need to hear. That translates to about 165.000.00 Canadian. Delete the 42' header @ about 30,000.00 and add back a pickup header @ 10,000.00 and the 480 brings about 145,000.00. Heck of a lot less that comparable other colors providing the thing wasn't hailed out. Makes me shiver a bit to think what my 480's will be worth as I continue to look to trade. Should I take my licks and bail out now IJ