Combines 8590

lee_W

We are running 28lx26's on our 8590 and 73x44x32's, on the front. We are using the a Gilcrest rear wheel drive.

swtvid

I like to see a picture of your combine with that big of tires, what are you cutting with it. My email address if you can is cdsemp@hotmail.com Thanks Dee

lee_W

I will take a picture next time we get it out of the shed, we still have around 150 acre's of beans left to cut here in SE Ks.

JW

lee, would appreciate any tips on setting the 8590 for soybeans. First year with the rotary.(it is a 9720) Was the gilcrest rear wheel assist a factory option. Does this system have any advantages over the mudhog, which I think was the unit white used on the 9720IJ Thanks JW

JW

Dealer mentioned that we could run into a problem with producing a clean sample, due to fact we would not utilize sieve area (slowing and bunching of material due to forcing the crop uphill.

lee_W

We are running 750 rpm on the fan, around 380 on the rotor, We are also running the St John air chaffer. We are running a 1_2 to 3_4 clearnce on the concaves. We are also using the St John design on the rotor, works good in green stem beans. The Gilcrest drive seems to have more power, they also have a different hub ratio that would pobably be better for our big tires.