Combines 9750sts kills cats

SilverTurnedGreen

You seem to mention this "STS fiasco" time and again. It's all in the operator; - Deere isn't so amateur to market an inferior combine. In fact, give me an axial flow and I'll make a "poor performer" out of it, even though it's a very capable machine.

BAX

TAlK ABOUT STICK IN A RUT!. TAKE THE BlINKERS OFF AND HAVE A GOOD lOOK AROUND. THE STS WIll AlWAYS BE THE BEST MACHINE IF YOU NEVER lOOK AT ANY OTHERS.

PA_Farmboy

From what I have ever seen, is that JD folks truthfully believe that whatever JD has out at the current time is the absolute best, and they will argue for years on it. Not saying that JD doesnt have a good product, but they can be beat and will be beat in the future. Just like the 8000 series tractors versus the Magnums. NO CONTEST HERE, the Magnum will win every time. Same goes for the combine "battle". I have seen the CAT demos, and I really do believe it will outperform anything out there right now. Too bad it is a European design, would have been nice to call it our own.

farm_boy

Well as you probably know there is no farm equipment dealer in the world that is cheap. Cat parts or very very in line. Cat service is $2 an hour more than my local Deere dealer and at least with Cat you are not paying $50 some odd dollars an hour for them to send some 19 year old kid that could give a @n$% less if he fixed it now or later, much less having any clue on how to do it. $58 dollars for 2 hours is still cheaper than $56 dollars for 3 hours on a job

Ray

If the Cats are built as well as the Claas combines you won't have to be running for parts. The Claas machines in my area seem to go for ever with out down time something like that energizer rabbit.