Combines Canola Settings

buglyd

Sorry for the delay, I,ve been away for a few days. The year I have not pinned down, but it is a 760 white cab, v8 and the serial number is refered to as priour to. Hope you can help by this.

greenback

I believe everyone worries too much about canola losses.If you sow it at 5 kgs_ha and you are losing 25 kgs_ha(which is a hell of a lot) out the back of the harvester big deal! a very small amount money wise. Set the machine to the manual. Three things Keep the top seive about the same as wheat close the bottom seive downflat and the wind down as low as it goes and increase it as you go until you are happy with the sample.We run the wind at 700 on our JD 9550 which is as low as you can set it. Hope this helps

twin_spinner

bit late with a reply just found site a month ago. im in oz and we harvest canola very dry. this is how we set our 98 up rotors 1200rpm-1500rpm fan at 6-700 concaves open as far as they go then back off 2 settings remove every wire from the concaves put filler plate over rear section of dischargebeater grate bottom sieve wide open top sieve open 5notches.up to 10tons an hour in good going with 100- 120kg hectare over the back