Combines case ih mods

Al

My 1640 has 23.1x26 tires, rock trap and 47 inch feeder house. If I switch to 24.5x32 tires and rims, do I have to change to the longer feeder houseIJ I suppose the angle of the feeder face plate will need to be changed. I know some 1640's came out with the larger tire. Thanks for any advice!

Dave

Can anyone tell me where you buy used plot combines or is there a way to modify old pull types to make them easy to cleanout for small high pedigree plots.

waynep

I have a 4-36 cornhead that I was planning to cut down to a 4 row 30". I have a 1620 and will be close to my other rows or if I get into mud I know I'll have trouble. My idea is to add an extra row and convert my cornhead to a 5 row 30" head. I'm looking for anyone who has a complete row unit for sale and the tin for one row. My head is a 1000 series but a 900 series will work also. Any helpful hints would be appreciated.

Ace

I just purchast a 1990 1680 that im going to just cut beans with. It has a standard rotor. Should I try to find a specialty rotorIJ Does someone make a more agressive cylinder barIJ

swede

Has anyone used the Marlins Impeller Blades sold by loewen Mfg. to feed green stem beans more evenly,less powerIJ

Rob

815s had a time and a place.How ever I would not give up a 2188. In return for a 815.They were a machine in there day.And I never saw a 815 with a 30ft flex head or a 12 row corn head.

steve_farmer

I have a 1480 with a DT436 that needs an overhaul. What is involved in converting this engine to a DT466IJ Thanks in advance. Steve

Wally

Is it possible to put a 1666 (or newer) cleaning system ie fan seives etc. into a 1660 provided I could find parts at a wrecker without major modifications. Thanks

jackshaft

from southern manitoba and harvest with a 1482 pulled by a 4640 . would like to know if anyone has modified the sieve, from throughing wheat over when coming to a stop, without throteling down. had an idea of hanging a plate behind the auger and shaker drive shaft.