Combines CAT question

farm_boy

If you are looking for a terrific tractor buy the 55's. The Cat 3126 is at the bottom end of its specs in the 55 at 225 hp and it has guts like you wouldnt believe. it is STRONG!! They are to the point now that they have all the kinks out of them and pretty much bullet proof. Very smooth transmission, very very smooth ride, power out the butt, good resale,Ive had the chance to do quite a little bit of work with a 45,55,65 and a 95 and they are awesome,just awesome. If you have 2 485's then the 55 would be your row crop and planting tractorIJ Are you on 30" rowsIJ you might want to consider 25 inch belts if you dont cultivate anymore. Good luck

jp

I would say that you might want to try a tracked tractor, but I would still keep one of those tractors on tires around. There are some jobs that just seem easier to do with tires than tracks.

Redpower

JP, that's a good point. I had been planning on keeping my CaseIH CX60 around, but I am going to ask my CAT dealer about the skid-steers. The more guys I speak with are telling me about how great they are to have around the farm instead of a loader_tractor.