Combines CatMT700 9420T and Geringhoff folding corn head pics

rockpicker

Actually farmer boy, if you have ever been around a 8000_8010, you would know that the hood wouldn't not have to be flip up. Everything can be done from the side. The reason they went to the flip up hood, was because the other tractor manufactures were convincing farmers that flip up hood is nessary for tractors even though the 8000_8010 series didn't need one. Just curious, have you operated both Cat and Deere track machinesIJ We have had an 8400 4 years and we have never taken the hood off. looking at the pictures of the CatMT700, it still looks like they are behind Deere. Cat still hasn't put the all of the gauges off to the side like Deere. I also see that they narrowed the hood somewhat to look like a Deere.

aggie8820

We too have run the 8400T and the 55 side by side with the same plows. I agree with Midiowa that the steering system on the deere is much more "user friendly" when it comes to terraces, etc. In addition, from what we've experienced, the 8400 will hands down out pull the 55. I don't mean to knock the cat, but dollar for dollar, they really don't even compare.

farm_boy

actually no I have not ran a 8400t before, but we did have a 8400 wheeled before we went to tracks and the hood was off of that thing about 2 times a week. we really didnt have any question about which tract tractor we were going to own. We now have 4 track tractors and 2 track combines and love them. We have 4500 hrs on our 45 narrow gauge and as soon as the MT series cats are out we will own 2 of them

rockpicker

I do not have anything against Cat, its just that there are 3 John Deere Dealerships in our area verses one Cat dealership. Also, at the Cat dealership, they don't have a parts counter. They have a parts desk. They make you sit down behind a desk before they tell you the prices of the parts. I wouldn't mind owning either Cat or Deere machine and they are probably both good tractors. Also, I bet the CatMT700 won't be the same price as the older series for long. It is probably just an interductory deal. Another thing, how come you have had the hood off so many times on the 8400. Is it something to do with farming conditionsIJ

CATMAN2

You have to see the new CAT to appreciate the difference. The cat is the ultimate FARM tractor for the future of farming. The cab is 20% larger than the 20 series, the cat hydraulics can be fine tuned to as little as one pint per minute increments, and the whole track system is far beyond any technology that deere can copy in the near future (ie. suspension, high road speeds, inter-changable bogey and driver configurations).