Combines chopper

vstk

red, yes there was a chopper or impeller available. you should even be able to find a used one. in most conditions there is very little advantage to the chopper. the impeller is a lot less trouble. VSTK

JoeSixPack

I would keep the chopper, I found it to have way more throughput than that friggin impeller, smoked countless belts plugging that thing in heavy wheat, never touched a belt on that chopper this year or thought of plugging it, its on a N7 though. I have the new hammers on it, the area that the bushing goes through is deeper than the old ones and they seem to stay connected better.

John_W

Click on ATTACHMENTS over on the left side of the page and then go to TSR parts. They sell an aftermarket chopper that should do the trick.

azcutter

TSR makes a good one, they are located in colgate nd. look to the left side of the page under attachments click on that page and scroll to the bottom and you will find a link. azcutter

Dingo

I've never had a TSR but the diffrence between the Redekop and the Stock chopper is night and day. We have two Case IH combines with Redekops and man they really do the job. We've used them in bluegrass straw without any problems. Dean

Redhotnrolli_n

I use the Redekop chopper as well. Had it 2 years and love it. Sure can make confetti out of soybean straw. Has slo-down kit for corn too.

CAJUN__BOY

has any of you run these choppers in rice straw, pretty tough, was wondering, I don't think the 8.3 on our 2188 could handle it in tough mud, have a neighbor with 9660cts jd has a chopper dose a hell of a job getting rid of straw need that for the ratoon crop to get started down here where the straw lays on top of the stubble it shades out any new growth. has anyone thought about putting a 10l cummins in a 21 or 2388 the one in my 9150 sure looks enticing!!!!!

Deadduck

If I was going to put something in, it would probably be an M11 out of a big truck.

CAJUN__BOY

hey DD M11 not a bad engine but I've seen a few in shop dropped valves, word is CIH put M11 in 9250's because they were afraid l10 would drop em, go figureIJIJIJIJIJ

NDDan

The chopper housing off N5 will not fit R72. In fact most everything would be different. Would you be looking for complete chopper kit by any chanceIJ Is so I believe factory kit is reasonably priced or maybe someone has switched out chopper for beater. A chopper kit from R42-72 will fit right into R72. If you find someone that switched out standard chopper for fine cut you will get most of what you need. I have one of them removed kits but I'm going to hang onto it for now. Good luck finding what you need.