Combines deere mods

sheldan

Would like to trade our 1980-JD7720 for a 1996-JD9500. How much bigger are theyIJ What mod's _ ungrades should I look for before I buy itIJ

Captain

I am currently looking to purcahse a different combine and am looking at a 98 CTS II. Can anyone tell me the good and the bad about this combine IJ

Captain

I am currently looking to purcahse a different combine and am looking at a 98 CTS II. Can anyone tell me the good and the bad about this combine IJ

RJD

looking for a power chip to put in my 1991 9500 with a NipponDenso pump and has anybody used them thanks

John_Burns

I am getting ready to do a rebuild on a 9610 with 1700 sep hours. Was considering putting a solid cylinder in from St John Welding or somewhere else. Would appreciate any information on the good_bad_ugly of using one. Are they worth the extra cost and effortIJ Go with oem or Gleaner type barsIJ Who makes them besides St JohnIJ John

bull

I'm setting up a 7720 titan2 for edible beans and wondering what all I should do. Clean grain,beater,cylinder slow downsIJ What all is avalible from deere or after marketIJ Thanks for the info.

jagter22

What are the differences between an 8820 combine and an 8820 TitanIIIJ

razy

is there a product or farmer idea on how to get more grain out of the grain sump on a 7720 t-2

Minto

We have used JD 9000 series walker combines for 7 years, currently run a 1999 9610. we also need 3500round straw bales for our 22 straw based hog finishing barns.We typically cut 50 to 80 bu_acre wheat at 2 to 2.5mph taking in 4 ft of straw with 1-2 bushel loss. I have tried to push the combine to 4 mph in these condition but measured up to 10 bu. loss. We have combined 30 bu wheat at 4 mph with2 ft of straw with minimal loss and a 15 bu crop with 1 ft of straw at 8 mph. Our straw is often damp even when grain is dry. I know swathing and or Roundup can help matere the straw, but particularily in winter wheat swathing often means excessive sprouting. Are there any proven and hopefully economical methods to substantially reduce the walker losses and increase the combine rateIJ Has anyone modified one of two combines and measured the differences in the same field IJ Is anyone in a similiar situation where you need the round bale straw, tried all the modification, still could not get an acceptable job and traded to a more suitable combine, if so what combine has high capacity and still leaves the straw in baleable condition even in dry yearsIJ In this late wet year at 2 mph I won't have enough days to get the crop off. So far 20 acres of 85 bushel winter wheat with 1980 acres to go

freddie

Brand new 9560STS this year, traded 9400. Deere shop foreman told me today Deere memo says NO grain tank extensions, have evidently seen failures, will void warrantyIJ I was already dissapointed with power and now this. Anyone heard if they are going to offer MOD, or am I going to have to live with the fact that I traded downIJ