Combines Harvest

bh

I REAllY don't want to start a religious thread, but exactly where did someone say they don't believeIJ What most saddens me is to read posts by someone who doesn't care enough to research what they are blasting others about. You've got a computer and internet access, or do you just not want to know the truthIJ

Cowboy

Obviously you've never tried some of the other brands out there have youIJ

deere_runner

I have run next to other brands i have a 7720 Titan and have ran next to a 1660 we both had 25 foot heads combining wheat. and i ran circles around it. The 1660 threw more wheat over than my john deere did. If some of you havent noticed this is a JOHN DEERE SITE. So if you dont like what you read than dont visit this site!

deere_runner

I have run next to other brands i have a 7720 Titan and have ran next to a 1660 we both had 25 foot heads combining wheat. and i ran circles around it. The 1660 threw more wheat over than my john deere did. If some of you havent noticed this is a JOHN DEERE SITE. So if you dont like what you read than dont visit this site!

All done with soybeans,best yields we have ever had. Traded the 1644 on a 98 model 2366. Wow, what a machine that is. Just getting started in corn, so far not a record crop......

mxz600

I'm from north central Iowa orginally (in northern Illinois now) and my dad still has 100 acres of beans he has never planted. It's wet there but nothing like the flooding in Des Moines and Cedar Rapids. Interstate I-80 and I-380 were closed for several days, both the 2 largest railroads in US, Union Pacific and Burlington Norhern Santa-Fe are shut down coast to coast travel due to brigdes and tracks washed out in central_southern Iowa. An estimate was out yesterday form Iowa farm group that 1.8 million acres of corn_20% of Iowa's corn crop was flooded_washed away with the water. 80 some counties in Iowa (out of 99) are state or federal disaster areas. Not that bad here in my area around Dekalb, Il but plenty of fields are way behind.

the_dane

Hi. Sounds pretty bad,are there any help underway from government side IJ What happend to ``good ol normall weather``. Here in Denmark we have the worst drought since the 50`ties, haven`t seen hardly any rain since mid april, so harvest will come early. We can irrigate 60% of the fields but the rest is damaged for good.There will come a huge bill for electricity used for the pump,later on !