Combines header lift problem

gcnehring

Are you on manualIJ Read op manual for disconnect and reconnect configuration. Auto only works when feeder engaged and butt on seat. Calibrate full up for at least one second

shellman

The length of the rod for the feeder position sensor pot of the feederhouse should be 7.5 inches if memory serves correct. With the pot disconnected will the header go thru the full range of movementIJ If is does your problem is electrical, and most likely one of calibration. Make sure when you calibrate you either hold over a ditch or back into one so the cylinders will completely collapse. If you have additonal questions e-mail at besthornb@bartonccc.edu.

brads

I unhooked the pentiometer rod and this gives me full range of movement up and down. We the rod is connected the feeder goes down until it is about twelve inches off the ground and stops even in calibration mode. No sense in trying to calibrate over a ditch because feeder never touches the ground. Contacted the dealer and he just wants to send a service man out. No hints or suggestions. The potentiometer does have the flat side for the set screw. Undertand the earliset ones did not and screw would cut groove or work loose causing similar problems.

Case_Farmer

Did you say anything about maybe its a bad header brainIJ and what did he say to that

striker782

Make sure you have potn 122756A3. On the side of the pot, make sure it is a 1 K ohm pot. You also need to check the voltage on the light blue wire coming out of the pot. I use my voltmeter and a piercing clip to do this. Just ground the other lead. You need to have 4 volts with feeder fully raised and .7 volts when feeder is fully lowered over a ditch and cylinders completely collapsed.

rusty

Brads: Sounds like you need to fool the controller unit into doing a full calibration. I mean a full calibration you do through the A post not just a ground calibration. Try disconnecting the pot linkage and putting the feeder house completely down - cylinders completely retracted. Hook up the pot linkage again and do the complete calibration. If that works then do a ground calibration with the header on.

J

The pot on the feeder house on the left side, the shaft get froze up, then it puts the pot in a different posiion, get the updated pot and housing, it will be a inclosed box so mosture won't get in it.