Combines hello

Agcogirl

I build many parts. Sometimes I am not sure what they go one. I run a press brake. I make parts that are anywhere from 2oz - 50 lbs. I my plant others make the side panels for the combines and tractors. I have worked in Hesston for 2 yrs now and I still make new parts every day. You do know that the Independence plant closed it's doors. My supervisor moved out here from there. Thank you for your Re.. I need to go to work now. Agco girl

The_Gleaner_Guys

Hello Agcogirl----- It's good to hear positive comments from people. If people like their job they seem to work harder and do excellent work. Keep up the good work and Happy Holidays to everyone!

MHarryE

Hi, Would like to know who your supervisor is who moved from Independence. I worked there for 22 years, interested in knowing who moved.

nascarfarmer

You sound just like us, 5000 acres, all green tractors and two 2388's. Simple, reliable, low maintenance machines. Good luck Allen

Ohio__Steve

Hi Chris, welcome to the forum, pretty helpful bunch of people on here and loads of info and occasionally some opinion... very good place to get help on tweaking your machine for top performance.....safe harvest, Steve

Brodale

Welcome aboard. Don't be afraid to ask questions, somebody will have an answer.

Unit_2

You'll love the 2388. Maybe you'll have red tractors someday also.:)

4020dt

I went through the same thing with the Deere dealers several years ago , like yourself , I had all Deere tractors and a late model 7700 combine . I had the 7700 sold to a neighbor and was looking for a '87 or '88 7720 . They all thought they were "GOlD" and said for a few more $$$$$ I could have a 9500 . I said repeatedly I did not want an early 9500 I wanted a late 7720 . I farm only 900 acres and didn't need that high priced machine . Stopped at one of the local CIH dealers inquiring if he had any late '20's comming in on trade , he said why was I looking for one of them when I can sell you a 1660 for the same or less $$$$$ . He priced me a 1991 1660 1400hrs , chopper , rock trap , big tires , big grain tank and all ready to go for $3,000 less than the Deere dealer's '88 7720 that needed some work . Went back to my local Deere dealer told him he was too high priced and that I could get this 1660 for less and what can you do IJ He said "that was a good deal , he probably was just doing it because you are all green and you will not buy it anyway" and then began telling me the bad about the CIH rotaries . So I bought the 1660 , never regretted it , easier to work on as I get older (61) and I will buy another if I live long enough . The only things I don't like are too small chaffer and no variable speed on header . The chaffer problem has been solved with the next models though . I still run my 1978 Deere 643 corn head I bought new with the 7700 but have a 1020 20ft platform . Mine has the standard rotor which works fine , I do mostly corn , just got done putting new bars , ears , wear bars , feeder chain and chopper knives on . It is a lOT easier to work on than the 7700 . You'll lIKE it , Jim (sorry for going on so long but that's my story and I'm sticking to it)