Combines help

masseynut

you could start looking from 1979 maybe 78 not sure if they had electric or not we have a 79 550 with electric it has a 354 perkins which is very fuel efficient other models in this time frame are 540 750 760 easy way to tell if they are in this time frame is they have silver cabs good luck

tv140

TR 86 and up would work. TX66 and newer would work as well. How would you like to run the mowerIJ Belt drivenIJ

gphillips

Thanks for the reply. I'm still in the planning stages, but right now I'm thinking I may use the pto shaft on the feeder house to run the mower.

justapurrin

have you checked out a claas CougerIJ is basically a combine with 45 foot of mower on the front comes with the cheap price tag of $450,000! lol lol who in there right mind would pay that much money for an over sized hay mowerIJIJIJ lol just my two cents!!

MF760

I ordered two of them. One for me and one for my imaginary friend.

Big_Truck

If your mowing 12000 acres of heavy Irish grass per year for winter feeding believe me the cougar is worth every penny!!! But I'll just have to stick with our 1996 435hp Claas Jaguar 860 30f self propelled mower outfit for the time being!!!! Even a new Krone Big M SP mower would do the trick!!!

Big_Truck

Why a combine as the power unitIJ Much better to get an old JD5830_NH1900s sp chopper,take off the pick-up and tear out the chopping box and put the mowers on the front of it.There are many of these self propelled mower outfits working here in the UK cutting big acres of grass silage and best of all the 30f mowers fold up to within 10_12 foot wide for legal road travel!!!!.It is a relatively easy process to convert the sp chopper to a sp mower.

guru

to convert to sweetcorn i presume use a cts easy to gut just wind out the rotor saw one one working in australia seem to work well i believe john deere came had a look at it used the standard corn front and elevater could swing out both sides can send you a picture front and back if you give me your e mail address

Gphillips

Pictures would be great!! My e-mail address is gphillips42051@yahoo.com Thanks Greg