Combines Hugger Question

Deadeye

Its Not only hugger heads having trouble this year. IH heads are having the same problem. We also hed problems with a R630. Probaly caused by the rapid drydown and hard freeze, and a little stalk rot to help. Some varitites are are much worse than others.

Tom_Russell

You are absolutely correct. Everyone regardless of brand had similar trouble this year. I am just a tad more fussy than most and want to optimize performance for next year. The last corn I picked was 15% just before the week of rain and drizzle. How did the moisture turn out for youIJ Was the corn easier to pickIJ I finished chisel plowing last night before rain. Ground was very mellow and there were no chunks of hard ground to pull trash through. Muskrats should be happy with all the piles of stalks. Tom in MN

Deadeye

We were at about 15.5 on 40 acres. May start again tomorrow if the rain quits Now its time to get done 120 acres to go. I am guessing it will be at 17 to 18%. Also just heard on the news there was a tornado at Prinsburg just what is needed in Nov.