dairyman

What kind of yields and moisture are you gettingIJ 6-30 on our M2 gives a tummy ache when in 240 bushel corn over 20%. This year it was mostly 17% and worked much better, but still max 2.5 mph on hills. l3 will work, how fast do you need to harvest (acres_hour or day) How fast can you haul it awayIJ

Tom_Russell

Your post reminds me of the reasons we upgraded to one R series machine from an l2 and an M2. Many years we would be cutting corn well after the first snowstorm. But with the R, we can finish before cold weather hits and get fall tillage wrapped up every year instead of just most years. I can do more with 1 machine than 2 of us did with 2.

mo_farm

Sounds like the cyl bars are not pulling the straw on through and its backfeeding around the feeder beater. My first guess would be worn cyl bars.

bean_grower

Sounds like your rasp bars are worn out. Try a set of hard surfaced bars and you'll be amassed at how much better the machine works.

tbran

make sure the fingers on the roller (feeder beater) are retracting before the bottom and not trying to roll the straw around. Besides the good advice that the bars are worn, make sure the cylinder is level and cylinder is low enough 1_16 to 1_18" on wheat as a true measurment - not by the gauges on the side - they tend to be high unless set regularly.