Combines lexion capacity

Ilnewholland

Brett, You have way to much time on your hands to think about this. Go X-mas shopping or something! Just kidding. IlNewholland.

cat_lover

Tell me a new combine that does not have all kind of fuses and all kinds of eletric swithboards that all farmers dont know how to work on.So if you dont want these kind of combines you need to be looking for something that is as old as you are.That way when it brakes done you can go to the junk yards where you see john deeres,inter. gleaners,mf for miles that was junk from day one.

cat_lover

Tell me a new combine that does not have all kind of fuses and all kinds of eletric swithboards that all farmers dont know how to work on.So if you dont want these kind of combines you need to be looking for something that is as old as you are.That way when it brakes done you can go to the junk yards where you see john deeres,inter. gleaners,mf for miles that was junk from day one.

Mike

My R72 has 16 fuses, I belive and I could place all of the electrical boards in a laundry basket and still have room. Cats have been here for 4 or 5 years now, so I doubt you see many with over 2000 hours. The JD's Gleaners and Case combines you see in the junkyard are probably 20 years old. I have nothing against the Cat however, I think the maintenance will be more than any other brand at 2000 hours and unless you can do the work yourself, the local dealer here will charge you at least $85 per hour(called and asked this morning). The other local dealers charge $30-$50 tops.

Mike

Are we in fantasy land or the Cat chat roomIJ Doesn't sound like much difference to me. If you eat paper and drink green ink you might crap out $20 bills.

cat_lover

It seems to me you have never been around a cat combine like the all new 475R and far as our crops 150 bu. average on 4000 ac.of corn and 40 bu average on 5500 ac. of soybean is not BAD.And also before you have to get your calculater out we have two 475Rs on our farm.