Combines lexion Combines

Chris

Based on the feedback we recieved, Cat modified the feederhouse clutches, chain, drums, air intake assembly, and augers. These are the ones I remember right off the top of my head.

dakota

I just found out, Claas is having the hydraulic reel drive in Europe, too. looks to me that all the improvements are done by Claas world wide. Besides the engines and the mobil trac, CAT didn't have much to do with the combines. The president of CCA is a German from the first day on. And many other employees and managers of CCA are from Germany. Now guess who is pulling the strings.

TJ

Silver blood, let's see 485 has 365 HP the 9650STS has 290 HP. I would hope you get more capacity!!

TJ

Dakota, After this Harvest campaign will you be so kind as to update us on the availability and cost of parts for your 470's. I really see this as a huge issue. Am familiar with Claas branded Massey Fergeson combines in Canada that run fine but, have the most expensive and poorest parts availability in the industry. Most of these machines were sold in Western Canada where straw is really tough.

dakota

I will sure be glad to do so. We are very curious ourselves, as we have no experience. CCA told us they will give us a big box with parts they and we think we might need. We will only get charged for what we actually use. Are you currently owning a ClaasIJ

Greenblood

That sure is not saying much about them Claas combines or dealers if they come new with a box of parts, now is itIJ

Blackie

Greenblood, Boy, some of you guys just can't be satisfied. First you complain about the availability and the distance that you have to drive for parts and then when a company furnishes some spare parts for use as needed at no cost unless the parts are used, you make a comment like Greenblood did in the earlier post. Claas of America had afarm parts program where you could have a supply of parts on hand at the farm and not pay anything except for the parrs that were used and send the rest back at the end of the season. I liked the program. Commonly ordered parts were filters, chain repair links, cutting parts, 3or 4 common bearings, and a complete set of belts for the combine.(maybe a set of cylinder bars). These were parts that any color of machine could need, no matter what age of the combine. I really didn't use many of the parts but it was nice to have them close at hand if they were ever needed. I wish other companies would do the same.

dakota

It is sure not any worse than going to a Deere dealer just to find out that he hasn't got any parts and you pay extra for the next day shipping. That's what we had to experience on a daily basis last summer.

All_colours_turned_Yellow

This program of providing a supply of inventory parts is an excellent idea and should be adopted by all the North American combine manufacturers. Sounds like cat is more interested in having their customers out running in the fields than running up and down the roads looking for parts that won't be delivered till the next day.

Greenblood

Sorry guys, I guess i am fortunate to be a mile from our dealer who tries to keep a excellent supply of common and major breakdown parts on hand. I forget about you guys who are miles from dealers.