Combines massey headers

cap

I would like to know if a 6 row corn head is to big for a 550 combine and where I might find a 5 row we want 30 inch rows

grassman

I don't know if this a good place to post this question or not but maybe someone can help me. I've never seen a 5542 with a straight cut header but is there a header that fits themIJ

rambo

I am having troble with my 1163 head. the stalks do not make it to the flutes. The spirrall points do all the work. My flutes still have a square edge on them after sevaral years use. On one set, I tappered the leading edge back. Tought that might help but it did not.Do I need to set the gathering chains in closer, or change the speed of the flutes or even change the front spaceng of the rollersIJ

cookie_jar

My 1859 soybean head is developing rust holes in the floor, and I'm looking for the best way to fix the problem. I would appreciate readers' experiences in: 1. patching methods (body filler, fiberglass, brazing in patches, pop-riveting patches, MIG welding patches) 2. doubling up the floor (with galvanized metal, stainless steel, or even high density Polyethelene).

Southpaw

I have a JD 222 flex head for sale good condition with poly possibly with trailer. Ph.n 620-459-6261

FarmerTom

we are building an ear corn harvester to preprocess ear corn silage for dairy feed. in 100 bu corn , can a 410 handle a 6 row headIJ is the base machine strong enough to handle the 6 row narrow headIJ input please.

MFcombines

I need an 1859 flex head in good working condition to combine beans with. I want a 15' or 16' head. I am located in eastern Nebraska. Please get back to me if you have one.

Doc_Holiday

What is_was the largest flex head offered by Massey FergusonIJ I am looking for something in the 24' range to put on my (gasp!!!) IH combine. The adapter is no problem, I was thinking of something in the 9100 series as that has the hyd reel drive that would work well with my combine. Our local dealer tells me nothing larger then a 20' was ever made by massey, but I seem to remember reading about 24' and 30' headers years ago. I am located in South Eastern South Dakota. Thanks for the help in advance! Doc

The_Gleaner_Guys

We have some nice heads for sale. '98 825 flex, manual reel_poly_std. cut sickle, came off C-62 gleaner, will fit MF '01 820 flex, manual reel_poly_std. cut sickle, came off MF 8780 '98 636 hugger corn head, real low acres, will fit MF or all gleaners located in eastern NE, give me a call!! Thanks, 402-643-3290

davey

I am looking at getting a macdon header for our 8570. Have not seen a lot of MF_Macdon adapters for sale. Have heard that a Case_IH adapter will work. Is there any mods that have to be done to the adapter or will it fit right onIJ Any help would be appreciated.