Combines Off Topic Dodge 6 7 Diesels

MostlyGreen

Amazing, though I have to ask. Was this "hand calculated" or was this according to the meterIJ I'm getting nowhere near that number.

MostlyGreen

Do you have a 4:10 rear axle ratioIJ If so, that isn't helping your mileage any! Nevertheless, you're still getting nowhere near what one would expect with a diesel, regardless of the ratio. I've spoken to a few credible owners of these trucks who seem to be "echoing" the same story. My dealer has the nerve to suggest that I deal mine in on another one. He says there's been some modifications made to the Bluetec side of these engines. I don't believe him!

orange

I have a relative that just bought one and complains about the mileage as well, but otherwise is very satisfied. The bottom line on all of this is the EPA and their outrageous emissions mandates. Thank Carol Browner of Clinton admin. fame for demanding 98% reduction in diesel emissions in just 7 years. Sad part, all of this garbage will soon be at your local farm equipment dealers on tractors and combines. Contact your congressional delegation, they are the real culprit. This is what radical extremists do when they get to Washington.

RedHat

Odometer comparing to the actual pump meter started trip full and filled up upon return. Your right it is amazing, have been very impressed with the truck so far. I think the 6.7l is a better engine than the 5.9l in a lot of ways and I never thought I would say that.

MostlyGreen

You've given me reason for hope, Redhat! ;-) I have the 6-speed automatic but it's quick to shift so I don't believe that this would be the factor in my poor mileage. Dodge has 16 more months to getter' right; - if not, I'll be trying a different brand, probably a Duramax!

venturis40

transporter came to deliver a horse the other day with a new dodge 3500 mega cab dually with the 6.7 and a 6spd stick, he said it had a 4.10 rear axel he was pulling a 36' steel horse trailer with 7 horses in it and averaging 10.5mpg but he said it was chipped i thought that sounded pretty good considering he was probably at about 35,000lbs

new_kid

I have 3 of them they do better on milage as they break in 35K miles or more, also there is a update that helps. one of mine burnt up the exauhst man off the turbo caught the cab on fire and burnt the dash. engineers are looking at it.

MostlyGreen

Good to hear that the mileage might improve at 35k; - thanks for your reply. I just purchased a 26' tri-axle gooseneck for mine so it's actually going to start working for a living. I've been told by more than one owner that it's impertative these trucks get a good workout.