Combines problems

cornman

i have replaced these belts without special tools,just cut old belt off and take a long pointed pry bar inside pulley and compress spring and carefully place two 1_2 inch drive sockets inside flat spots on pulley to hold it apart , replace belt and remove sockets. have someone else place sockets with pliers, just in case it slips.

farmert

the limit switches are out of adjustment on the rotor drive consult the owners manual for specs and adjust the switches

little_al

I measured the width of the belt that is on there and it measured 2-1_4" across. a new belt measures 2-5_16". Is the belt worn enough to be replacedIJ What about the compression spring could it have lost it's tension and not forcing the pulley in far enough to make the belt come to the top of the pulley. I will check the limits again but i do think they are set properaly.If i adjusted the belt at 3-1_4" between the pulley and i run it for a while why did it go back to 3" and not 3-1_4IJIJIJIJIJIJ

larryNCKS

It hardly sounds as though your belt needs replacement. Perhaps the belt had not been rotated into place enough when you measured. Reset it, rotating it as you set and try again. If this does not get your speed up to at least 1050, I also suspect that your upper limit switch is shutting you down too quickly.

ndfarmne

If you go over to the Deere page you will find out all about it. there is around 50 machines that have blown the engine so far. All were new 60 series machines with less than about 1000 hrs. tj

ndfarmne

If you go over to the Deere page you will find out all about it. there is around 50 machines that have blown the engine so far. All were new 60 series machines with less than about 1000 hrs. tj

deeredude

i talked with my boss yesterday he said that his crankshaft on his 9660 sts had failed and the dealer in carlinville is going replace the engine for him. plus he told me it wasnt a big deal cause he gets new combines every year an luckly for him they finished the last patch of corn when it happened. he runs 2 combines

silver_tech

One of JD reps on harvest ladt summer said as far as they could track approximately 3,000 engines could expect problems.

boog

Just heard today that a father and son we know broke the crank in thier new 9760. I have read similiar posts on other wensites as well concerning JDs engine problems.