Combines R62

MF_9790

Hey, We have a 98 Gleaner R62 w_ a 25 foot head. It has just over a thousand hours on it. Respond back here if you are interested. Then you can talk to my father. Thanks, MF 9790

hymark

Depends on how good your crops are. I was concerned my no-till crops might not keep a new R-75 full with 8 row 30 inch cornhead and 30 foot table. Overload lights went off in 81 bu wheat, 72 bu soybeans, 240 bu corn, 40 bushel double crop beans with wheat residue but this was an exceptional year. Might be different next time.

tbran

yes, you can remove bars, remove cage access door to left of grate, low wire grates had 1_2" center to center wire spacing high wire 3_4"

NDDan

I'm sure the rear half of thresher concave is all ready high wide wire. I believe the rear half of thresher concave (I believe Gleaner calls rear half the frame) was standard in machines sold in NA since '96. Front half of concave could be high wide or low narrow wire. Most machines that went into corn soybean belt are likely identical to the rear half which is what you want for corn and beans. The low narrow wire front half of concave was normaly what the machines had that ended up in wheat belt and machines prior to '96 likely had same wire spacing and height for rear half of concave. The low narrow wire concaves are the ones that need every other wire pulled especially when in corn. Be sure to plug holes in crossbars if wires are pulled. If you have high wide wire you do not need to remove any wires for there is little to no chance of concave plugging. Now look at your seperator grate. It is the concave style material on seperator side. It became adjustable in '97 but was not high wide wire at that time. The high wide wire separator grate become an option later on. If you have low narrow wire seperator grate you should remove every other wire especially for corn. You will notice how close spaced the wires are compared to rear half of thresher concave if it is the low narrow wire. You could purchase the high wide wire seperator grate if you wish. I prefer high wide wire grate for all crops. In fact I have raised wires up flush with cross bars on alot of the low narrow wire grates. If I leave all wires in place I just raise every other one by welding short pieces of 3_8" wire on top of existing wire. Again in corn I still want every other wire removed from the low narrow wire setups. Remember you have to plug the holes in crossbars if you remove the wires. low narrow wire concaves or grates had a distance of 3_8" from wire to top of cross bars and would often be partially plugged with corn cobs. High wide wire concaves and grates have a distance of 1_4" from wire to top of crossbar and wire spacing is wide enough to never get plugged. Hope that helps.

Nobul

Yep, just done the same thing. R-62 with 825 flex head and Crary Air-reel. Gonna have to run with the 630 black corn head off the R-50 trade-in for now. Wheat should be ready to go in southern Ontario early next week. And for Dan Hurtt. Thanks for the info on the lowered rear feed floor. I just decided to take the easy way out. Ha. Rob.

Silver_Bullet

Good decision. You will enjoy running the 62 over the 50. Where are you locatedIJ

john_f

I am in Caledonia, Mi which is about 20 miles south east of Grand Rapids, which is on the west side of the state. The only trouble is I think I will be done with my wheat before I get the R62. Wheat is about a week to ten days earlier than normal. I started yesterday with my F3. John

Silver_Bullet

I have never changed my sieve from other crops in my 62, I doubt that you will need to. In 200+ corn, it might be useful to give a little more capacity especially on hillsides but otherwise I know I can push 2,500 bu._hr through mine with a regular sieve.

R5

We run a 1994 R62 with the short shoe and find the corn chaffer (the top one) helpful in keeping the corn in the combine in heavy yields and on slopes. We managed to find one in a salvage yard. It was well worth the price. We may not harvest much either in SW MN unless rain comes soon.

acre_eater

John who did you deal with on the west side of the stateIJ How many row headIJ I used the square end chaffer and got along well when I ran a six row head I am thinking of getting the round end chaffer because last year with the eight row head I could over run the square end chaffer. By the way I live just east of you by Woodland. We also need a rain soon! Tim