Combines Rock trap

redman

I will try and figure out today what we think it's worth and email you tonight or tommorrow.

George_2

I have a rock trap and feed reverser on my 1460. It was installed before I bought it. I assume you are talking about the shields on the right side. There is an extension to the shield and you have to jiggle it a bit to get it to fit right whenever you remove it. I am also in Western Ontario.

JWK

I would suggest that you take off the rocktrap. I know you will get more capacity with your machine and have less of a chance of a slug in front of the beater for the RT. Good luck

Unit_2

Kirk, I can't help you much on the rock trap but those grain drains are sure nice. Very little grain left in the bin with them in there. Now that you've let everyone know that you have a rock trap that you don't need, someone will probably want to buy it from you. K.A.

skinnb

Kirk, Most machines have a shorter throat with the rocktrap. Removing the RT will pitch your header forward when lowered. Whatever you do make sure you readjust the throat clutch after removing the RT(loosen).

Kirk,you might have trouble hooking up to the heads without the rocktrap in certain situations. You will really notice it if you drop the head off out in the field when the ground is soft. One other thing is visability of the heads. The heads are going to be mighty close to the cab.

weber

I would suggest looking around at a junk yard and fjnd you a 60" feeder then your problems will be resolved you will still have the same end result as far a visibility I believe there is just a belt and maybe a few different shileds you will have to change to get it done.....

firetruck

I would suggest changing throats. Find a dealer in a area that rock traps are a must. Just recently traded a 2388 rocktrap throat for a 60" regular throat. I traded with a dealer in Illinois. Takes belt,shields,cyl.ext.,blocks and pins for hookup. And yes, a rocktrap will interfere with feeding, which in turn will slow you down.

John_W

Have you tried searching on www.google.comIJ Also the big salvage yards are online to each other yards and can track down parts.