Combines SCH cutter bars

Stosh

Hey, thanks for a great report on the SCH. My head is also a 221_2 foot, can you say what your kit costIJ My dealer will order it, but does not carry any replacement parts, which could be a problem later. Did you use the original drive box, or buy the SCH drive boxIJ

Brian

I had a SCH bar on my last combine,a R-52 Gleaner.I had nothing but good luck with it and will probably put one on my Case IH 1020 when it needs replace.I also had a Johnson Rock Guard on my Gleaner head and would recommend one also. Brian

the_odd_machine

Hey sch knife is the best we feel .Have had tiger jaws,quick cuts,standard 3in knifes. And nothing holds up better then sch.750 acres this year with lots of rocks and only 1 guard and 2 sections .Not bad we say.Far as parts only 3 guards made for sch knifes and sections all the same ,so can get about anywhere.We have a gleaner but get parts from jd dealer they use same guards as ours.By the way the knife kit should cost $20_ft.

Reel_Harvester

Before I did anything, I'd look into that Razer I saw that Hart Carter is coming out with.

tightwad

Well worth the money! Replaced my 1.5" cut on my 15' 1020 this fall. Went over 500 acres of beans including rocky ground without stopping ONCE for sickle or guard problems. last year went through 2 boxes sections with the 1.5" cut.

CHOPPER

The only problem I have had with the sch cutter bar is coming loose in the splice where you put the sickel together and those sections coming loose. I would like to know if anyone else has had this problem. thanks CHOPPER

bob

CHOPPER, I have ran the SCH cutter bar on two 1020 heads over the last 5 or 6 years without any problems, nothing has ever come loose. bob

Pat

I had the same thing happen. I retightened the splices and it has been ok ever since. The folks at SCH said there was enough lock tight on the bolt threads, so I did not have to add any.

erulccm

i will have to check on the price for ya. i think it was near $20 a foot.... i bought the head at an auction last year. it came with tiger jaws. i had never used them before so i installed the sch knife instead. the head shared a workload of over 1000 acres of soybeans with a 16 foot 1020. we used the original wobble box with zero problems. i was able to get replacement parts with the kit from my dealer, but i think a guy can order direct from the company.....we get brochures all the time.