Combines Shopping NH

Jay

bmoney. Your a deere dealer rightIJ So I'am sure you are unbiased. Have a good day.

2rotorsrule

A few disagreements a few posts back. First of all, New Hollands are known for being built heavy. The JD may weigh more, but thats cause its SIZE is bigger. Bigger isn't AlWAYS better. A New Holland next to a 9650 is small yes, but capacity wise, how can you say these things about the STS. They've only been out for a few years. New Hollands have proven themselves for over 25 years, and have improved nearly everything they could to make this combine perform to max. capacity. We have never replaced a bearing or anything on our NH combines, and everyone I've talked to, (and its more than 10 people) have bearings go out, and yes, even when greased properly. NH is a simple yet efficient design that has proven itself over time, which is something the STS just can't claim yet.

scooter

Check the specs on a TR89. basically the same capacity as a TR 98. The 88 is smaller. NH did away with the 40 in machine and made both models a 50in ( TR 99 and 89 ). The 98 had about 10 hp more. The 99 has about 30 or 40 more than the 89. better bubble up, but the 89 same as 98. You better check out the 89. It is a fine machine if a person wants a 25 ft table and 6-8row head.

cutter2388

I have never had any problems with my case dealers giving me bad support. As far as I am concerned WR in goodland Kansas is as good as any dealer or as you would say second to none. I went on the harvest with a guy who runs New Hollands and they also have a harvest support truck just like DEER has. I thought they took pretty good care of him. As for the lateral tilt why should he buy an overpriced paint job and then have to add that option. If I remember correctly it has been a standard feature on the New Hollands since 84 or 85. There is nothing wrong with the TR combines or any as far as that goes, they just need the right operator. My family has run the Red ones since 1947 and have had no problems so we never changed and probably never will. I am excited about this merger with Case and New Holland, I think in a few years they will have one of the finest combines manufactured maybe it wont be the biggest baddest one out there but for owner comfort, operation, reliability it will be once again as you say second to none.. Anyway who cares how fast the other combine will go let the acre eaters go like wild fire and put the crop on the ground instead of the tank where it belongs, with todays prices the farmers need every kernal they can get... Also I would stay away from the 9600's granted they are a dime a dozen and cheap but they are on there way out...