Combines terrain tracer

nemotr

We reworked the concaves this am. Found one anchor pin missing for the center of the right concave so clearance was way out of whack. Fixed that and took all unnecessary wires out and took the spikes out of the rotors in the concave area. Didn't have any plugging today so something improved. Moved to different beans this afternoon and could double our speed so maybe we have the tough stuff behind us I hope. Did you find anything out on your problemIJ

Ilnewholland

Good to hear that you got your problem fixxed. We had the dealer guy come out yesterday. He hooked everything back up and guess whatIJ It all worked like it was supposed to. So I guess I have to pay a service call. later yesterday afternoon the head went all the way to the right and stayed there again. I had to take a full truck of beans home so I stopped the combine for a hour or so. I came back and it worked again for the rest of the day. Seems to happen when the combine hyd oil is warm maybeIJ I think something is sticking, maybe a hyd valve stuck open or closedIJ Seems when it sticks the head will raise a lot slower. Will see what happens today I guessIJ

NHd

I've read about your problem. I think you are right about the valves, but most likely you need some o-rings replaced in the valve body. Quite easy to replace, just hard to find out for sure which one. The valve body repair kits have several different o-rings each having it's place. I had the same problem one summer. People looked at it at various dealers all the way from Vernon Tx. Kingfisher, Ok. conway Springs, Ks. and lincoln, Ks. Finally the Syrause, Ne. dealer fixed it in a few minutes. Good luck! Hope your harvest is going ok. Is you TR-99 living up to expectationsIJ We are running our third '99. It is by far the best ever. 1400 sep. hrs and very low repairs.We found out from our second one that speeding up the engine was bad news. The entire shoe came apart, the hydro trashed, and even the beater shaft bent along with other things. Anyway everything is going great. Crops up here are the best ever. Harvest is late, only about 20% done where last ear we we finished.

Ilnewholland

TR99 is working good. Have 700 sep hours on it now. Crops are so-so. Beans are a little above avg yield and corn is below this year. About 20% done on corn and 33% on first crop beans. The hyd valve was getting stuck to the right and now yesterday it started always leaning to the left when you pick it up at the end of the field. I guess the combine don't know if it's a republican or democrat this fallIJ If I can make it this fall I think I will rebuild the valve this winter. Posted some pictures on another site.

agmechanic

In the past it has been my experiance that the problem will be a tilt cylinder with a internal leak or a bad poppet in the hyd valve. In the lateral float valve there are 2 plastic poppets with steel pins through them. The pins will sometimes push too far into the poppet or the poppet will get hard and break. The poppets are replaceable with out removing the valve and are not hard to check,one is under the cap that has a screwdriver slot cut into it and the othe is on the other side of the valve in line with the first plug and poppet. Also make sure the master valve (bottom valve in the stack) is getting power to it the same time as the tilt valves when the switch is pushed.you can go to newholland.com , go to the service _ parts screen and you can look up a parts diagram of the valve.

Ilnewholland

Thanks for your reply. I am going to print this out and save it. I may need it to fix this later. Dealer mechanic thinks the button on the hydro handle was sticking making it tilt to the right. So we change that. Will see if that works when we get back to bean cutting. Now my sep clutch is not working right when I pull the knob. It was tripping the 15 amp breaker till it burnt it out. The actuator seems to not want to shut offIJ It keeps trying to turn till it trips the breaker. It will do that when you turn it on and sometimes when you turn it off. Sometimes it will not go all the way out and the thresher clutch will drag. I am thinking maybe something wrong with the actuatorIJIJIJIJ

scooter

I am sure I had the same problem and the dealership cam eout and used a 12v lgith tester on the wiring on the head. The problem was a diode. I asked what I diode was and he said it was more or less a one way vale which only allowed current to flow one direction thru the wire. It made some sense. anyway, he replaced it and the problem was fixed.

bubs

Everything is possible. I put a field tracker, I think that is what you mean, on an 89- 1680, machine. The hyd. are the limiting factor. Those combines were short in that area anyway and adding more demand didn't help. I had a 30' head so it was needed. Most of the time it was fine but in rough conditions I had to slow down to a crawl and just wait for it to work. I doubt if you really need it on a 17.5' head unless you are in severe conditions. I think it would cost $6,000 or more to install it. Just a guess. I would spend my money towards a newer machine that alread has both good hyds. and a field tracer in place.

knightag

I have a 89 1660 with the Case IH Field Tracker installed as a kit I will be trading soon. Will remove and sell, thinking $3,000. South West Indiana, knightag@sit-co.net