Combines TR capacity

2rotorsrule

Quick reality check for you fella's, we save the grain we put through the machine, we have a seperate planter to seed our wheat back in.

Cutter2388

Your New Holland combines arent the cats meow in Barley, I admit they do as good of job as any. We used to run 915 Internationals and never had a problem with skinning or cracking the Barley. Any combine can do an excellent job harvesting Barley,if it is equipped with the right operator. We harvest barley for both Coors and Budwieser and I agree most fieldmen prefer the rotors over the conventional but both machines can do the job right. Yes we do have very exceptional yields here to actually 120b_acre here is average all good farmers get 150-160b_ac year in and year out. Almost all of the Barley here is windrowed in swaths ranging from 14-25' swaths and with a kart wich most fieldmen will complain about because you are handling the grain one more time then needed I would sure hope with 2 harvesters you should cut half of a standard 130acre pivot in a day. I could cut that or more in a day back when we run 915,s with no kart and 20 mile hauls. If I dont put 50-60 acres a day through my 2188 and 2388 by themselves that is a bad day. I realize the lines can be a bad deal but we do have that here also and most generally it gets that way in most places in the prime time of the harvest. I dont know what you get for cutting in the San luis valley for cutting and hauling but with a wait in lie like that I would sure hope its a lot. The fields I cut here arent like the pivots your cutting we have lots of small fields and point rows, ditches and canals to deal with so we spend alot of time turning around and chasing around from field to field. I have a friend who is a custom harvester who runs tr-98s and he comes here to harvest barley. I know for a fact that there are several brands of combines what will stay with your New Hollands and others what will walk away from them. Well once again I hope you are getting paid well for your combining there because only cutting a half a circle on a good day with two machines and your trucks in line your machines are obviosly setting a bit during the day and one would think that your wages would cut into the profit pretty quick. I know how the weather can be down there to so that would be a major factor at times. My friend who runs New Hollands cut there for several years and finally said no more. To me it is almost more of a status quoe or keeping up with the jones' if you cut in the Glamouris San luis valley, but that isnt the only place what raises Coors barley with the high yields. Out in Idaho they raise some very good Barley and some very good spring wheat. The Case combine also has a narrow feeder house for those conditions you mentioned and with the 30" rotor they have awesome capacity,like yourself I have built a very good business in my Barley combining operation myself my chopper on my Case combines pulverizes the straw, but we dont use it here that often because 95% of the farmers bale their straw here. The right operator can leave beards on almost every kernal with any machine if it is set properly, I can leave so many beards that it almost looks funny when you look back in the tank. I usually run about 4-4.5 mph up to an 18' windrow then I have to back off when we get into the 25' ones. I think I could run faster for the combines sake and capacity but I can only pick it up so fast before it gets to aggresive with the grain. I despize the belt pickup windrow attachments do to the fact of picking up rocks or clumps so I run sund tooth pickups and you can only pick up the grain so fast. Well good luck to you on next years harvest I hope all goes well for you.....

cutter2388

I have run New Hollands before, there is nothing wrong with them, I have never run a Deer so I wouldnt know there is a 9600 what cuts barley here and he keeps cutting every year for the same farmers so he must be doing something right. I have run an r72 and I will say it will munch your machine and mine in a days time but technically it should. I have run in the same field as an r-72 and a r-62 two different owners and operators and with my 2388 I ran side by side with the 62s but not the 72s. Point is you dont have to own any specific brand to harvest and cut lots of acres every year for the same farmers. All you have to do is take pride in your work and maintain your equipment. Most of the barley in my area is harvested by myself and my friend who runs tr-98s there is a lot of older international rotaries running around here, there isnt one gleaner what cuts here do to dealer networking. We have a Deer and New Holland dealer and a Case dealer. I guess you should run other brands first and go from there, there is nothing wrong with any brand of combines they are all designed to do the job right. Some people could care less about capacity they just want quality work.....