Combines Wheat harvest

tf

Huwcd, I live in lee County, 50 miles east of Austin. A lot of the wheat is still a week or two away, but one guy was cutting until it rained. Where are you fromIJ Good luck on your wheat harvest.

deerelover

I hope you prepaid for your nh3 .. Around here it is way too high most people are putting soybeans out !

Keeter

NH3 is going for around $350 a ton the last time I asked. It was over $400 earlier this year, late fall or early winter I could have pre bought for alittle over $300. So far this week we have missed the rain and the forcast is sounding a little drier. Started in the fields on Monday and they are still pretty wet but if you pick and choose you can get something done. Will probably start planting spring wheat Thursday. Good luck with your harvest.

deerelover

yep THE same as here 300.00 too 400.00 for nh3 .. unreal what a farmer has to go through just to make a living !Our soybeans are up that we have planted waiting on wheat so we can cut it for hay and then we have wheat for harvesting ! then we get too try out the new combine ! wow so excited ! hope you have a great year !

mxz600

Well, I just got back from helping my boss take things to Burkburnett, TX today. looks good there, other places look bad, real thin and short. Maybe another 10 days and be ready in Burkburnett.

NHD

I'm wondering where you are located. I'm happy for you with that good yield.I am delaying going to just north of Ok. Cityto start harvesting. I'm thinking that thewheat may be delayed a bit because of rain latly and cool temps.too. What can someone tell me about it.We are just now getting back into the fields after a 38 day delay. Farmers are panic stricken.last night at 10:30 PM I met a big 16 row planter on the US highway.

Farm_Kid2

We are on the boarder between Ks and Ok near I35. Very cool and wet lately, so the wheat is somewhat stalled. However, it is starting to look almost as gold as it does green, so it's ripening in spite of the weather. That usually means that as soon as we get some hot days it will be ready all of a sudden. All of the wheat in this area is much thinner than normal, but the excellent filling weather may elp compensate. I'm hoping we can average over 40 bu_ac, which seemed impossible just a month ago due to the severe drought.

wheat_whacker

RF, was that 25R57IJ We sampled some Saturday it was 16%. We got .7" rain yesterday and more forecast for the week ,so I guess we are out of business for a while. WW