Combines 1688 or 9600 wanted

weber

I dont know whether you would be interested or not but I have a 1996 2188 and a 1998 2888 for sale they are both loaded with options. They are higher houred machines but well taken care of. Give me a call at 307-851-1680 if interested... www.weberharvesting.com

Big_Green

We love our 1995 9600 and harvest Wheat and Milo and have cut corn with it, it performs great in all 3 crops. Don't have to change the settings from field to field. I heard the 1995 or newer ones were the best ones but i dont know that for a fact. Sure can keep the trucks busy with the graincart beside it. We had a 7720 Titan 2 and would never consider it again, the comfort is so much better than the Titan 2's, it is unreal how much better a 9600 is to run.

GREENBlOODED

I run a 1994 model 9600 and my father in law runs a 93 model 1688, I have seen advantages on both, I love everything about a deere with the exception that this fall running the 4x4 for the last 350 acres I noticed that I was not leaving him any more, I asked him if he was running harder and he told me that he was running his 2 speed hydro. I liked that alot due to a 4.2 mph limit in 2nd gear with the 4x4 his was 6.4. I also must comment though when it got dark and beans got tough, I kept going and he hauled his home. They are both great machines and both will do a great job. If you have any other IJ's feel free to ask more details.

farmerb

We have always heard alot about the grain quality in corn. Do you honestly see a better quality in the 1688 grain tankIJ What about fuel consumptionIJ

Hunter

We are from SW Kansas, about 35 miles NE of Dodge City. I'd like to spend in the range of 35 to 50.

Chads

Seed cleaners say they can tell what combine the grower uses. less cleanout and cracks with the IH. Much easier to set. That's in Soy's. Fuel consumption is relative. It's normally about 1 gal acre for the reds, but it's up this year due to tough conditions. Chads

Chuckm

We made the same decision two years ago, just one size smaller. We had run JD conventionals for the last 25 years and were looking for a 7720_9500, or possibly a 1660_66. We farm about half the acreage you do, split the same between wheat and milo. We are in SC Kansas We found a 1989 1660 with 2200 hours and a 25' 1010 header. Incredibly well kept machine, very clean, with all the options we wanted. After looking at all of the 7720's_9500's we could find, we decided to go with the red one just because it was such a good deal. We have not been disappointed. The machine is very easy to set, and we belive that we get a better sample in the tank. Our total repair bills for the last two full seasons has been about $200.00. This is also one of the older IH motored machines that the DT466 is notoriously very good on fuel.

WasRed

I have a 1680 with all the updates to a 1688.It also has a spec. rotor,long auger,CDC engine with about 700Hrs, chaff spreader, always been sheded. I am not too far away just north of Pratt. Call 620-546-3280.