Combines 20 8X42 tires

tbran

this has been a problem for the Arkansas Rice machines which use the risers for years even before the the R series. We have had a few machines come this way. It is not just a Gleaner problem if one equips a unit with Rice tires (taller than R1's) and mud risers. With MudHog RWA is is less a problem as one sets up the rear end a couple of holes. You are not going to like the low tech red neck solution, but a hump kit to run the rear tires up on is the most common cure. Header trailersIJ On board compressor and deflate tiresIJ Frames to set the headers on maybeIJ We have a few customers who have built low cost skids w_ runners to set the headers on, then push or pull them into addon sheds where a combine could not enter for storage. look at the axle risers, they rotate the finals in such a manner as to maintain the position of the input shaft. Could they be machined to be a lowererIJ If the machine has the tall index blocks it will not matter, if he is installing the lat tilt it will shoot the hook point forward about 4-6" and the header will have the upper brace moved up to compensate so it might help a little. I looked at welding on this as in the R70 kit and it really looks like a bear of a job. The cylinders could be machined to use the second hole but a header lock up would be lost. Finally, have you seen those Indy cars with onboard jacksIJ or for a fee I could send my MIl up to lift the rear during change outs..... :) Unfortunately none of these solutions is ideal; especially the last....