Combines Gordon bars

John_W

Click on "attachments" on the left and see what Gordon has to say about his bars. I know he is selling them, but its better than nothing and I think they come with a money back gaurantee.

M__Gorden

Tank, The following response was sent to your e-mail address but was returned undeliverable. The minimum recommendation for the 60-66 series machines is 9 for wheat and preferably 15 if you are doing beans and corn. You asked: Question 1 do the bars help reduce concave plugging in green or damp cornIJ Answer: They will help, but the best solution to the plugging problem is a helical concave. Question 2 do they create new problems such as over threshing in dry beans or roping in tough beans like the standard doesIJ Answer: The roping in the standard rotor is caused by the straight bars on the rear half. The Gorden bars move straw better in the specialty rotor than does the factory specialty bars. They will push the beans out through the concaves sooner and you will notice less bean damage. Question 3 do they fit right on or do you have to redrill the holes and do they cause a balance problem or are they all the sameIJ Answer: The original Gorden bars have round bolt holes and will match most of the pedestals' bolt holes. If the pedestal is off position, then the hole will need drilling. The new style Gorden bars have slotted bolt holes and seldom require any drilling. Anytime you change or move bars around on a rotor you will need to check the balance and rebalance if necessary. Question 4 are they good valueIJ Do they increase performance enough to justify their added costIJ At a 1.56 exchange rate they add up. Answer: The Gorden bars are on the market since 1991. The satisfaction rate and reports of increased performance is better than 90%.

beac

We installed 9 bars in our 1660. 6 over the front concave, and 3 over the middle concave. This harvest in Denmark has been really dry, nevertheless we have had plugging in green weedy wheat. But the front concave was always almost clean. We are sure that the bars have decreased the plugging problem. About the holes, I remember we redrilled some holes, I think half of them was redrilled more or less. The best thing we achieved was a reduction of loss from the rotor. That was actually the reason we decided to purchase the bars. We have not calculated COI (cost of investment) but feel that it has (or will) made a good pay back. We have NOT regret. beacon DK

Dave

I have all the Gordon bars over the threshing area(15) and I feel they make a big difference in wheat (especially) beans and corn . I use the cover plates in beans and wheat. In hard thresh wheat this is a must! The Gordon equipment is top quality and yes with our dollar it is expensive but it does a better job both saving crop and quality. D.B.

DGJ

Beacon, as your in Denmark you may be able to answer this question better than most, how do the Gordon bars perform in damp cropsIJ do they use more horsepowerIJ how about straw qualityIJ improved or worseIJ were in the UK so your conditions may be more like ours normally. Thanks DGJ

beac

DGJ, every year we harvest rye-grass which is damp crop. The bars have not been an adventages there. In rye-grass there is lot more rumbleing from the rotor house since we installed the 9 bars last year. About horsepower comsumption, yes in damp crop they need more power, but in ordinary crop there is no difference. Straw quality - well, I don't see any difference, perhaps your will be able to see a difference if you let two combines work side by side, one with bars and one without IJIJ Straw behind the machine looks often strange to me, I have harvest wheat on one field where there were almost nothing behind me, next I move to another field and there are lot of straw. It depends on sort and often how much rain it has got prior to harvest. beacon

Farmer_Ed

We have 9 Gordon Rotor Bars in the machine over the threshing section. In the back half we have spiked rasps. The Gordon Bars do an excellent job. I am more then satisfied with them. We do wheat, dry beans, and soybeans and they improve seperation and do a clean job and I know it doesn't "slug" as much. The bars come balanced and all of them fit in without any modification. We left some original rasps because we wanted to make sure we liked the gordon rotor bars and also if a stone gets in there, it won't do as much damage the way we have them configured. We have an unusual configuration but several people have stopped in to see how we have them because of the job we do with them. I'm not advertising, I'm just telling you my honest results. Good luck!

John_W

The best bet would be to call Marvin Gordon and talk to him. Also by going to "feedback" the top of this page you can send him an email. Or click on "attachments" at the left and then Gordon Bars and the bottom of the page there are downloadable installation instructions.

red_rocket_2366

Tank if I were you I would go with the full 15 bars.This was my first set and I started with 9 should have put in 15 bars. Rodney

tightwad

Tank, I would definately go with the rice_spike bars over the separator grates together with the disruptor lugs from Estes Mfg. Put on 15 gordon bars along with the above and made a world of differance in both corn and beans on my 2000 2366. The disruptors and spike bars really tear up the husks and bean straw allowing better separation. Nothing going out the back.Makes the straw chopper cut finer also!!!