Combines air deflector

Farm_Kid2

That's cool that it works in the 1660 also. Phil told me that he had developed it in a 1680, so I wondered if it would have the same effect on the smaller machines. As for why Case IH doesn't add it, patent infringement is the only thing I can think of. I was told that some dealers put them in new machines before they send them out.

Rotor

Had a cousin with same trouble you were having and he installed a cover over the discharge for the return in his 1680 and know he has no more problems with a green strip but know since the return is over loading he is looseing grain with the straw because it can not be seperated. When you drive be hind the combine with a truck you can hear and see the grain coming off the straw chopper. PS if you stick you'r hand out the window of the truck,the grain hitting the hand stings it pretty good.

larry

Ok just where does it direct all this airIJIJIJ Because from what you guys are saying it doesn't make sense or I'm missing something. The web site has a picture but its not very good. So your saying it directs all the air into the back of the sieve. Then you guys say you close it down i.e. to a normal setting. Then you crank your fan up. Doing this sounds like you would blow it all into the return. To reduce returns does one not open the bottom sieve moreIJIJ Does this deflector direct more air under the chaffer aswell or direct it mostly under the bottom sieveIJIJ Please give us a little more info if you wouldn't mind. Always looking for ways to save more grain. As for taking off the chaft spreader you will have to speed up your stock ones to get the wide spread. There is tons of info on improving spread with the factory spreaders in the archives on here. I've seen a aftermarket kit to drop your spreaders down with a support at the bottom where the shafts slide into bearings etc.

larry

What kind of chaffer are you usingIJ To get the chaft float nice and high I found the air foil chaffer works pretty good when you get the right air flow. I agree the stock set up is poor especailly on the wider 80 series. Sounds like this kit is basically the same thing I have on my old 1480 just a different version.

Bullfrog

You can go to their website at, www.futurefarmsolutions.com.

larry

For modifications you should also check back in the archives here a couple years. There is tons of good info of what guys have done for solving this problem be making things or getting deflectors etc. Good luck

Farm_Kid2

Our beans were really bad this year due to drought. little tiny beans in flat-looking pods that were really tough to thresh. We ended up with the machine set like we were cutting wheat, but it worked great, considering the conditions. As far as the deflector is concerned, really all you should have to do is set the machine just like you always do for the crop condition, then increase the fan speed. Based on your experience, do you think that you would be getting a clean sample and no trash in the bin without the deflectorIJ In other words, has this thing hurt the machine's performanceIJ It's hard for me to imagine that evening out the air flow through the seives would hurt the performance, but anything's possible, I guess.

mick

I don't think the deflector has hurt performance, but it certainly hasn't made any difference. So many people made statements about it cleaning up their sample that I assumed I must be doing something wrong since it did nothing to improve mine. I've had experience with 1480, 1680,2188, and 2366. All of these have had the same problem with dirty samples. Of course that goes without saying,otherwise there would be no need for anyone to buy an air delector. I still think the concept is logical, but would like to see the evidence to justify the expense.