Combines 8570 info Can Anybody Help MeIJIJIJ

swtvid

We have been running a 1992 8570 that had 3300 hour on when we got it. Had a head auger finger in the oil pan, with silicon calk to plug the hole. Had to do some work on feeder beater, change bearings on both grain elevators, bearings on straw chopper and knifes. Change rotor drive belt main drive belt and the long main drive belt, had fuel in oil. Had concave repaired by St. John welding and had rotor redone with St. Johns rotor mod. Had injectors and pump work over. Then had hydraulic oil in engine oil, the hyr. Pump seal and shaft wear, replaced. Wires on light cracks off so when light are on will sort some time and shut down the engine. Modified it to put constant speed rotor control like 8780 has. Then rotor pump is bad now so when we can well have it and rotor pump gone though by Industrial hyd. Place. Front wheel fell of last year on a side hill, broke the 3 bolt that had hub on axel. Has 4000 hour on it now. It was bought an auction. I like it but this one has need lost of work. And some I did just to try for better barley saw. Dee

JJS

Thanks! Do you think most of the problems came from lack of maintenanceIJ or just the design of the machneIJ The one I am looking at has had real good care. all belts chains sprockets pulleys ,in excellent condition. auggers replaced. It needs tires, and the bubble augger is getting worn again. About what did it cost to put the "constant speed" If you don't mindIJ And what kind of job was it to installIJ Thanks again for the input. Joe

swtvid

Hay JJS The 92 was made by West Harvester, the 94 was made by Agco, this combine had an update book about 50 pages long, Agco run engine 2300rpm our 2600rpm I dont know witch is better. We have Case IH 7110 (same engine smaller hp) the injector pump and injector ok, if the transfer pump has not bin changed it needs to be. Bearing is normal ware and tare I think. The people that had it before say they where good on manses but I really wonder about that, they where custom cuter that cut corn, peas to wheat and ever thing between. I have had some trouble with main drive belt moving over 1 notch and braking other belt when I tern down hill. The stander control for rotor is not that good its work ok, the constant control is a big improvement, I did a lot of work on our to make it work, when I got all done I realize it could be quite simple. Northernfarmer had the idea first and we got his going about a month ago he is using it now. (There is one thing may do deferent next time. He said 1200.00 to 1000.00 CND + time. Dee

northernfarmer

Dee: constant speed is running so smooth, plugged the front beater last night, didn't realize that the pea straw was tough(damp) the rotor wasn't slugging. I've noticed that I can run 1 hour longer on a tank of fuel, engine doesn't drop in rpm and the governor doesn't seem to kick in... I'm very happy with the way the old 8570 is preforming..Thanks again for all the help....Neil

northernfarmer

Joe: I had a 8560, that had 3500hrs on it, that machine was reliable and caused us very little trouble. liked it so much that we traded it on a 8570. If you look at the 8560_8570 there are very few bearings and belts, so replacing them isn't a big deal. If the machine is sound and hasn't been abused I wouldn't be scared of it...Motor wise whos to say what shape it is in, if you know the old owners and can believe them..ask.......best of luck .Neil

JJS

Thanks for the information. This will help with my decision. Too bad that We on this board, don't have the responses that Gleaner board has. Thanks again Joe

JJS

Thanks for the information. This will help with my decision. Too bad that We on this board, don't have the responses that Gleaner board has. Thanks again Joe

justapurrin

hopefully that day is coming, as most think the gleaner line is going away in the future to make room for the axial flow massey-gleaner- challengerIJ or what ever you color preference isIJIJ lol