Combines M2 compared to 6620

95man

I believe the M2 is more in the 7720 league. An l2 - 6620 comparo would be good. BTW how did the F doIJ A few of our neighobor's run F2's and my old 95 is just as good of machine or better. My .02 95man

Ed_Boysun

I think that when the machines were introduced they were supposed to be pretty comparable - in other words JD said the 6600 would outdo the M2 and Gleaner said the opposite. Although it doesn't make a lot of sense, the l was bigger than the M. The l was supposed to be a match for the 7700.

crop_crusher

Well the F did a good job of cleaning, I just feel a M2 would suit our operation better. Btw M2 is equal to a 6600, an l2 is equal to a 7700, from what people have told me. My dad had a late F then traded for a 6620. I can always remember him saying the Gleaner was much easier to work on, but it was under bearing"d (too light of bearings) One thing I like about the Gleaner is the center mounted cab, little quiter than a Deere, looks so much easier to work on than A Deere. My experiences so far with Gleaners. Ps. I use to work for a JD dealer, I've spent many times under the seat and grain tank working on primary countershafts. I always said Deere should have left their engines in the back like your old 55 and 95s. my $.02 worth

bub

95man as long a your at college you may want to do some research on the fact that a M2 is a smaller machine than the l2 and the 6600 is smaller than the 7700

95man

bub, sorry for the mistake - although I may have boofed on combine comparo, I think i'm dead on in saying if you don't have anything positive to add to this talk show stay the hen$ off, MORON. 95

JDgreen

bub, let me guess your a Silver Seeder runner. The way it sounds you are becaus they always get nervous when they come on this show because they know green is better so get out of here or be nice a$$.

dannyboy

Just a few Gleaner facts here. (I know this is the Deere broad.) The Model (letters) was the order in which the Combine was introduced. Starting with the Model A, Model B (rice model),"C", "E", "F" "G", "K", "l", "M", "N", "R". Henry Ford used the same system with car Models. Anyway, comparing Gleaners to Deere I would size them like this: Gleaner "E" - Deere "45"

95man

Thanks for correcting me, been around all the deere machines, but the Gleaner's are a little fuzzy at times.

mo_farm

We used to run an M2 and the neighbor ran a 6620. In soybeans they were about even but I could never keep up shelling corn. Seems like the 6620 had just a little longer shoe and could handle more corn. I know the gleaner was easier to work on than the deere but they were both good machines.

crop_crusher

lets not make waves here gentlemen!!!!!!!!! lets just talk combines, and not throw slang darts at each other. I enjoy talking here, so lets all get along.