Combines M2 compared to 6620

T__langan

The 6620, although a helluva good combine, could not run with any of the M series Gleaners. We could run with a 6620 with our smaller F3. But the M's and 6600's are considered to be in the same class. Same with the l's vs a 7720 - a properly set up l3 is more at home vs an 8820 than a 7720. As said below, how a machine is set by the operator has a lOT to do with how it will perform.

homer

I think you should seek professional help, farm boy, because it sounds like you have a lot of suppressed anger and frustration. Maybe as a child you knew some mean kids with green toys that wouldn't share or play fair. I am not a psychiatrist, but maybe if you saw one, he_she could discover where all this rage and frustration with green paint comes from, because something has set you off, and it's eating you up. And that's not healthy.

SilverTurnedGreen

Judging by our comparisons when we owned an l3 and 7720T2, a 6620_M2 or M3 comparison would be fair. The gleaner may excell in small grains, but Deere will excell in corn and possibly beans. The gleaner was a dream to maintain, versus the nightmare the Deere was to work on, but Deere parts might be more readily available and cost competitive than Gleaner. Servicability and parts prices are both important factors when purchasing a used combine!

95man

THE SCORE IS NOW: Homer 1, farm boy 0 homer, I couldn't have put it better myself. I would hate to see what farm boy would do to himself if he saw all the GREEN paint at JD's harvester works...

Trking

There is a reason for the green paint. That is how the field looks a week after the john deere has combined it!!

95man

Trking, Went by a neighobors field yesterday and the corn that his TR86 lost in approx. 220 bpa corn made the field look like wheat had just sprouted. By the way he uses all JD heads due to the fact NH heads aren't worth a lick. Also, some of the corn I saw him unloading looked like corn chops -- just another example of NH quality. 95

SilverTurnedGreen

A very fair and realistic comparison, I must say! Thanks for the info!