Combines 915 rigid head

dr__deere

The cutter bar, you want the guards to have a good edge on them, i would check the wear plates behind the cutter bar. the auger you want set as close to the floor, floor striper, and the rear stripper as you can get it, without rubbing. The closer you get it the better off you will be.

The_Red

Alan you will get about a 5-6 year life span on those plastic teeth. They slowly get brittle from sun exposure. I replaced most of the teeth on Ernie's 915 last fall. It was in it's sixth season. Check you farm magazines. Non-Deere are considerably cheaper to buy but I don't know about quality. I think the Deere price was slightly over $3 per tooth if I recall correctly.

beet

we like the coarse edged sections a little more money but feel it is worth it and we change them when they get worn. also like to keep the guards in good shape.keep the auger down and back as far as possible. if you don't have the pinch bar on the bottom of the table look into installing one,you should be able to make one yourself i think it would be worth your effort

Alan

Thanks for all of the info. I did some checking and it looks like the auger needs to be moved back some. I believe the person that had it before I did was cutting milo with it and had the auger set different. I bought some spare teeth at the deere dealer the other day and they were having a sale on them, able to get them for $1.89. The sections all look good. They are the hollow middle sections, so I hope that they will work good, if not better.