Combines 9400 combine grain in fan

Deerebines

John My 9600 does the same thing. I never noticed the posts about this problem before. I always figured it was from running the grain tank over accidently and the excess ran over and fell down behind those shields and went into the cleaning fan area. Deerebines

corn_farmer_troy

We had this on a 9600 and ended up replacing the clean grain belt, and making sure it was good and tight. also check the clean grain chain-cups make sure it is also tight. We found it seemed to do this when the tank is almost full and that top auger is shoving hard. It slows down causing the grain to spill over into the fan!

Augers

I installed some kits that were available from JD about 4-5 years ago.The kits contained a rubber sheet that was secured to the cleaning shoe and then up under the fingers. This made a dam that kept some of the grain from going over the shoe and then sliding down into the cleaning fan area. The kits did both the left and right sides of the combine.I would guess that they cut the losses in this area maybe 30-40%.

Deerebines

Hey bud Well, I gave up on waiting on the concaves and went ahead and sent the combine up (to dang cold to work on it here and with no shed big enough) to the dealership and they installed a brand new pair of the 14 bar ones. I was missing so many wires on my old set it wasn't even funny. labor bill was higher than I told to expect but now the job's done and all I have left to do is fix the cracks in the feederhouse and I'm ready for harvest.........provided we even have one. Wheat looks damm sickly here.