Combines 9500 fair value

Wheaty1

How come you want a 9500IJ The 8820 is comparable to the 9600 and 7720 to 9500. Early 1990's machines are all priced about the same 45 to 55 thousand!

Winst

I am not a big farmer, although I have enough I can justify owning a combine. A 9500 is plenty big enough for me, have an 8820 because it was no more money than a 7720 and I figured the much heavier final drives was a big plus, along with the additional capacity certainly is not a disadvantage. My 8820 is working very well but would like to have something with a little bit more dust free cab. They are asking $38500 for the 9500. It seemed priced a little under what most dealers advertise, but I know what they advertise and what they get is not the same. I am hoping I can trade for $25-27000. If not, I will continue with my 8820.

Farm_Kid2

If you have a field-worthy 8820, I can't imagine trading to a 9500. I know the cab sucks, but atleast you can get quite a bit cut. It would be really hard for me to pay that much difference for less machine. Have you considered an Airstream maskIJ looks like a helmet with face shild. Plugs into a 12V outlet and blows clean air by your face. They work pretty well.

Cornhead

Winston, If a 9500 is plenty big enough then go out and buy it, if its in your price range. life is to short to be riding around in an old dusty cab with some silly dust mask on. The 9500 cab is a lot nicer then those 20 series. No dust and a lot less noise.

Big_Green

The 2 7720's I had were not very dusty in the cabs at all, your doors must not seal very good.

Winst

You speak the truth. There are things I can do to make my 8820 more dust free, and it is not bad in corn and soybeans, but milo dust is very disagreeable to me, and I am quite sure no matter what you do to the 8820 it will never be as nice as a 9500 in that area. I don't think the noise level is bad at all in my 8820, and I really enjoy running it. You can tell it is a machine working, feel it working, it has an almost pleasant sound as far as I am concerned. I believe I should be able to trade for $25000, but I bet when the salesman comes next week to look at my 8820 he will say something like, well, yours doesn't have this, or doesn't have that, it would be real hard for us to sell it, have to have $32000 difference. If he tries to pull that BS, I won't even bother to negotiate with him. It always disturbs me when they can have almost the same machine sitting on their lot and will ask probably double what they give you for it. I know they have to make a profit, but some things do not make sense to me.

Big_Green

We went from 2 7720's no cart to one 9600 and a Graincart and never have regretted it, the 9600 is so much more comfortable to run its really amazing. But going from an 8820 to a 9500 i am not sure if u would like the step down in size.