Combines 9600

bub

Ours at 2000 sep hrs needed new feeder chain upper sprokets and bearings new concave and cyclinder bars elevator chains sprokets and bearings new shoe shaker bearings and holders walker bearings and cranks and shoe supply auger bearings and holders

dakota

I can add rebuilding of the feederhouse bottom, the clean grain auger, the fountain auger, the vertical unloading auger, probably the clean grain elevator housing and chain and topshaft, all the drive chains, ev. tailing elevator chain and topshaft, new chopper hammers, some belt idlers. And then it depends how good it got greased. If it lacked grease you can rebuild the variable drive of the cylinder and the feederhouse, too.

Deerebines

I welded a bead (not hardsurfacing either) around the outside edge of the flighting of my fountain auger. Seems to really be helping with the longevity. Why deere didn't put some flighting in there that was thick enough last is a good question but your right dakota......don't forget to mention.....but, I'm pretty certain that "x" gear at the bottom of the fountain that drives it is probably going to be shot to along with the "tits" on the end of the auger it'self.

Bar

Your help is much appreciated, we've had a look around the machine and just about the only thing that hasnt allready been repaired_redone is the walker bearings.

Grain_Reaper

Check the cylinder spiders (hubs that the bars are attached to) for cracking, they are well know for this. Give them a good hit along the side with a hammer to look for cracks. Also make sure the bars run paralell with the cross bars of the concave. If it does not line up one of the spiders is definetly sprung. You will not bend the cylinder chaft, it is almost always the spider that are twisted.

kenworth

Check your separator clutch gearbow as well as all the gearboxes on machine to make sure the oils have been changed. If not these rebuilds can be spendy.Also check side sheet above chopper drive as this are can be prone to cracking.

kagen

If they will let you, check the oil in the reverser on the feeder house for metal shavings. See if they know if the oil has been changed to synthetic oil. This reverser costs about 3000 to fix. Check the flighting on the fountain auger in the grain bin. Check the oil in the gearbox that runs the fountain auger. Check the flighting on the upright auger on the unloading auger. Check the bearings and the augers on the pan augers. We really had less trouble with this model machine than we have since. lOl

Etienne

Quels sont les amliorations possible faire sur la 9600 pour ne pas perdre de grain dans les terrains en pente IJ Merci .

greenstrat

are you asking if you can make your combine stay level over slopesIJ if so, click on the "attachments" button on the left side of the page under "TOPICS" then click on the HIllCO link. They build levelers for that machine. gs