Combines 9610 concave in a 9600

beet

if john deere wants to jerk you around ,jerk them and go to a after market one that are readily avaible and just as good or betterthen deeres and alittle cheaper

Dr__Deere

I haven't heard anything about the 10 series concaves being recalled. I have switch alot of 9000 series over to ten and the customers have been very pleased. One customer had 2 9500 in the same feild and one was orginal and one was updated. He said there was a considerable difference between the two. Have you considered installing the high threshing package instead of just the concave.

tired

We've used reman concaves from St John's Welding for years in all our combines. They seem to work better than original and for sure last a whole lot longer. We did try a 10 series concave, and it seemed to work better in corn, but in wheat whitecapped badly and we ahd trouble threshing bean pods. Replaced it after 1 season, and it wore way more than we expected, also. Hope this helps.

Deerebines

Dr Deere What is this "high threshing package" and what crops are you mainly referring to that it would work bestIJ I harvest sorghum and wheat only. Deerebines

Dr__Deere

The high threshing package includes, 10 series concave, with the beater grate and noise plate, dual display tach(watch 2 functions at once),and the upper and lower cleaning fan sheaves also includes the cleaning fan belt and bearing. It works very well in wheat, corn, and sorghum. Thre new fan sheaves booost the cleaning fan speed up to about 1600 rpm's. The dual display tach lets you watch two different functions at one time, and it does away with the concave indicator on the side of the machine. With the package you get a pointentuometer (spelling) that displays it on the tach 0 being closed and 50 being open all the way. It also comes with a new crop setting card for the concave.

Dr__Deere

I did some checking and I would have no problem getting you a 10 series concave or a high threshing package.

Mark

I agree, aftermarket concaves usually better and they have them in stock. Most aftermarket concaves are linebored for perfect radius, something Deere doesn't do.