Combines Allis TRACTOR part help

brand

If you find one the price could make you have a stroke. I priced one for my 8050 a couple of years ago, and AGCO still provided that one, but the dealer wanted $120 for it. I decided I could do without. Tbran and others -- how does AGCO get away with that sort of robberyIJ

lbran

Try this. An engine block heater for a 4010 J.D. is 170.00 One for a 190xt is 34.00 Now who is gouging who.

lbran

I have sent your request to the parts tech people at AGCO. I put it to the attention of one of the few "Old Allis" people left with the company. If anything can be done, he can get it done. Will post as soon as I hear from him.

Dairyman

Forgot to check the box to include my email address. Should show now. If you guys locate some of these shocks, I imagine we could use one on our 7040, also, but I haven't torn it apart yet to find out. I know a couple of the local dealers are looking for some also... Maybe I should buy a case of them and resell themIJIJ $-) $120 for the shock doesn't strike me as hard as $1700 for the fiberglass grille housing on a late model 6275... Russ p.s. For you old A-C people - do you remember Halvorson Impl. Co., Elkader, IowaIJ He was our dealer for many years. The JD dealers in our area are just now starting to achieve his level of service. He used to buy and sell equipment all over the U.S. Used to buy up a bunch of used Gleaner combines and have his guys go through them during the winter. I heard near the end (early '80's) he was moving 60 machines a year.